Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for the post with the procedure for this....

Back to the mounts briefly, if you undertake the job yourself and have a day or two to play with you could keep the old one and stuff it with 3M Windo Weld, effectively making your shitty rubber factory mount a strong polyurethane solid mount. Keep in mind the stuff takes a day or two (24 hrs at least) to set up hence the time needed. I'm doing this in the spring, fixing a bad mount for 11 dollars and making it better than new seems more practical than blowing 80 bucks on a new mount. Just my opinion tho.
Anybody know where it is? I have a broken rear mount that I'd like to salvage since I have no $$ to buy a replacement....out of work:(

·
Grenaded piston
6,606 Posts
The rear mount is on the back of the engine.

If you have a 5S-FE, forget it. You can't fill in the front or rear mount, only the dogbone mount.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Front mount has hydraulic shock but the rubber detoriates. Back is shaped rubber mount. The dogbone (top) mount has rubber inserts that have holes in them. Logic tells me that all force and support needs to be removed before you fill them with that stuff. So jack engine before you start. Looking at dogbone, suggests that Toyota wanted some movement otherwise the mount would be solid. So call is yours if you want to do it. I do not think the rear mount is repairable. Yup, it's a ripoff.
I thought I saw oems on ebay. Use search engines to find online.
I read some reviews and recommendations were that the original Toy parts last longer. Maybe someone else who has used oem rear mounts here will post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts