Toyota Nation Forum banner

Paint Code Sticker on door jamb

491 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  1990Toyota
I need to find my paint code so I can order a new bumper but I don't have the paint code sticker on any of my doors/jams.

Can someone give me the color code of the beige 1998 Camry? I think it's 4M9 based on what I see online but I'm not sure how many beiges there are.

I went to VIN Decoder - Electric Vehicle Forums and typed in the VIN and they gave me these options, so I'm really leaning towards it being 4M9.

Font Screenshot Number Circle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Tire

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread Grey
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
1991 Corolla DLX 4AFE, 1994 Camry LE 5SFE, 1995 Avalon XLS 1MZFE, 2004 Sienna XLE/LTD, 2011 Camry LE
1,570 Posts
You can still determine your automotive paint color using your VIN. Because your VIN acts as your car’s fingerprint, you can use it to search for your car’s paint code through other platforms. You can call your dealer, give them your VIN, and ask for the paint code. Another option is searching for paint codes online using your VIN.
Though your VIN won’t give you your car’s exact paint code or color, it’s a tool that will help you find it.

· Premium Member
1991 Corolla DLX 4AFE, 1994 Camry LE 5SFE, 1995 Avalon XLS 1MZFE, 2004 Sienna XLE/LTD, 2011 Camry LE
1,570 Posts
I know some states, like here in the Midwest, Kansas and Missouri remove or over-tag the VIN stickers when the car is totaled in an insurance claim and it’s a salvage title. That may be your situation, idk.

· Administrator
15,470 Posts

· Registered
'98 Camry
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
2000 Camry 2.2
479 Posts
Just remember that that Beige from the factory was notorious for not matching the color on bumpers even when new....I remember reading why but can't recall..... something about the painting process and the paint used, and the material of the bumper???.....actually, practically all 3rd and 4th gens didn't match that well...especially the Beige, and the older lighter blues....

......years of age / sun fading etc.. might not match that well so you might have to color match it a bit if that bothers you.

· Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
3,034 Posts
I need to find my paint code so I can order a new bumper but I don't have the paint code sticker on any of my doors/jams.

Can someone give me the color code of the beige 1998 Camry? I think it's 4M9 based on what I see online but I'm not sure how many beiges there are.

I went to VIN Decoder - Electric Vehicle Forums and typed in the VIN and they gave me these options, so I'm really leaning towards it being 4M9.

View attachment 411006

View attachment 411004

View attachment 411002
A good body shop can bump that small dent out, re-weld the cracked portion and touch up as required, for far less than a whole new bumper cover.

· Registered
2001 Camry LE V6
186 Posts
I hate to be a naysayer but good luck finding an OEM prepainted bumper for a 25 year old car, I think they are now made of unobtanium and wouldn't even come close to matching anyway.

· 2001 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
2001 Camry XLE
1,714 Posts
Chances are the Bumper Cover will come unpainted. At least mine did when I replaced the front one.

A local paint store mixed up some paint with the Toyota paint code and put it into spray cans. IRRC they cost $15 each and they said two cans would be enough, but I ordered 3 just to be safe. I can't remember the cost of the primer they also supplied as well.

That was several years ago and the paint matched perfectly and has held up well.

Attachments

· Registered
1998 Camry 4 cylinder, 2004 Highlander V6, 2000 Chevy Express 4.3 V6
97 Posts
I went and looked at my '98. The sticker with the paint code is on the driver's door itself, not on the door jam. Under the bar code, it says "C/TR: 1B2/FB40" So my paint code is 1B2. My car is that common tan/beige, looks darker than yours.

This worked. The beige is 4M9. I'm going to order my bumper now. Thanks!

· Registered
2000 Camry 2.2
479 Posts
The picture just showed up Another thing you can do to save you some $$$ is:

Leave it in the sun, pour hot water on the area, drive forward away from the splashed water, then push out...use you hand, use a pipe... whatever....wood..... It wont be perfect, and will have a little wave.... but it will save you a pretty penny. Worked for me........ then some guy literally ran over the other side of my bumper with his Silverado :/...........but I got a brand new bumper cover cause of that for free

1 - 16 of 16 Posts