Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I want to paint one of the wheels on 2006 solara convertible SE V6, does anyone know the code for the silver paint ?
Many thanks, and stay safe

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,270 Posts
Are they even painted vs. a powder coat or ? Not sure if they still do it but the O'Riely Auto Parts Stores used to have a camera scanner and it / they would suggest the closest match. You may have to paint at least the 2 on that side what ever color you decide on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they even painted vs. a powder coat or ? Not sure if they still do it but the O'Riely Auto Parts Stores used to have a camera scanner and it / they would suggest the closest match. You may have to paint at least the 2 on that side what ever color you decide on.
I don't know, there are the original wheels. Perhaps when this lockdown is over, i will take a trip to O'Reillys. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the "computer" at a local paint store match a silver bumper, Missed it by a mile.

Try Wurth for wheel paint, they make a Kit or just the paint that you can clear coat or not. Wurth is more the Euro shade of silver but I have done Datsun Z wheels with it and they looked great.

If you can source it you can try this set up for the top coat. It's catalyzed urethane clear (they make base coats and single stage urethane too) that I use on headlights after polishing. PRICEY but worth it. I highly recommend this clear coat for wheels or panel repairs. Spray max has a catalyst inside a spray can which is pierced and mixed by shaking and then sprayed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
is what? Wurth is great stuff but the top coat is lacquer where the other is urethane. Either way, great stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts