Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
happy taco owner!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what paint to use on the Toyota emblem and Tacoma badges on my truck. I would like to paint them black.

This forum is great btw and I am a proud new owner of a white, 05 tacoma dbl cab, 4x4, TRD Sport!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd personally use the Krylon Fusion paints for emblems and badges, they seem to hold up well, but you'll have to scuff the emblems first with some sandpaper. I debadged my truck, but used the Krylon for the "TOYOTA" emblem on the grill. Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
337 Posts
I'd personally use the Krylon Fusion paints for emblems and badges, they seem to hold up well, but you'll have to scuff the emblems first with some sandpaper. I debadged my truck, but used the Krylon for the "TOYOTA" emblem on the grill. Good luck!
+1

·
Just got an RR 4-Banger
2006 Radiant Red 4x4
44 Posts
Just so you know,

I used krylon fusion, but I didn't scuff or clearcoat. 6 months later, they need to be redone.

As was pointed out to me already, Krylon Fusion is intended for plastic. And, although the badges are made of plastic, the chrome coating is just that; Chrome. So paint them with anything that you would normally paint chrome with. I've had good luck with Dupont autospray in the past, so I'm going to use that next time. Also, I'm going to scuff and clearcoat.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts