Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a hubcap on my cam and I can't bring myself to shell out the money for a single hubcap, and I don't like any aftermarket designs within my price range, so i figure my best option of acheiving any level of cleanliness would be to paint the wheels.
Does anyone have a better idea or suggestions of what color to paint the wheels on my white car?

·
Registered
67 Posts
NO WAY! the labor you will put in to make them look good will probably be more than you would want to put in.

just go buy some hub cap spinners! that is bling bling. (=

just joking about that. but i don't think painting them would be a good idea.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wujo said:
NO WAY! the labor you will put in to make them look good will probably be more than you would want to put in.

Dude, I'm in college. I have nothing to do on weekends.

Westcoastff, What size are the rims and if they are 15", how much are you asking?

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
i dont think you should paint them or anything, just take off the rest of the hubcaps so at least your car is all on steelies.... black steelies on a white car is very sexy... :wiggle:
just wash and scrub em real good for a clean look:thumbup:

·
Registered
785 Posts
dont buy hub cap spinners, inless you want one of the spinners to break off, slicing your wheel in half, while you're traveling 80mph down the freeway, like what happened to my friends truck, 2 times its happened to him! :eek:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
My supervisor lost one of his hubcaps. So he painted his steelie chrome. it actually looked pretty nice. I told him to take the other caps off and do that, but he wouldn't. I think they look good like it, but make sure to do all 4 that way.

I say go for it :thumbup:

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
vote for black

Black steelies on a white car do actually look pretty good :thumbup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Admiral said:
I have one of the v6 hubcaps that I can sell you cheap if you interested.

Mine were not stock they looked like the gen5 cam caps, but they were immitation, came like that, but I cannot locate anymore and they were a shitty design anyway, b/c the tabs were breaking off.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,078 Posts
I think you can buy a set of 4 hubcaps on ebay for like 20-35 bucks. Some are actual Toyota caps, and some are imitation. If you search harder you could probably find a single on ebay for less.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
yeah i agree with the black steelies on a white car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts