Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wazzaaap!
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody bothered to paint the bottom portion of the camry gen3's doors? I seen a Honda civic that painted the black strip on the bottom of his doors and rear bumper. It looked really clean, like a stock body kit. I was just curious how a camry with its black stuff painted would look. It would probably have a more "lowered" look. For those who painted it, would you mind taking pictures? or if youre bad ass at photoshop, you could try do it on that also. thanks..

·
Sleeper-still sleeping
474 Posts
I believe he's talking about the black plastic portion just below the doors, spanning from the front mudflap to the rear wheel well.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
yeah, I think most of us w/ light colored cars did, or else the car looks like it's riding high.....after it's the same color as the car, you can see that the car's actually pretty low....

the best way is to get that rubber spray made for rocker guards that is paintable....just go to walmart, and you should be able to find it there....it comes out black

then use a couple layers of primer, then paint, and then most importantly, the clear coat

·
The Camburger
527 Posts
Yep, I've seen it on a white one before. It looks very nice! I havent seen it on any other colors. i was tinking about doing that to mine a while ago. I also have the gold /champange color, but I didn't know how it would look.

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i was thinking of doing this but with rock guard paint (rubber paint)

i think it would look silly, but different, gen 3's are too curved to do it real neat at least for the front

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.