Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Anyone knows if it is possible to paint a bumper at home with spray gun. I wonder what's the minimum size of compressor do I need. Is it possible to use the small version of spray gun (for touch up). By the way, where I can buy primer,paint and clearcoat locally?I'm not looking for a professional quality paint job. I just want something better than spray can can do. Please help. Thanks very much!!!

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Ok, make sure to tape off everything. Wall to wall to floor plastic.

The minimum power you need is a 2hp compressor. You can pick up a cheap sprayer at Checker for around $30.

All the paint and materials can be picked up at your local body shop. But if you don't care as much about quality, auto parts stores will have cheaper stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
edgarchan said:
Hello.
Anyone knows if it is possible to paint a bumper at home with spray gun. I wonder what's the minimum size of compressor do I need. Is it possible to use the small version of spray gun (for touch up). By the way, where I can buy primer,paint and clearcoat locally?I'm not looking for a professional quality paint job. I just want something better than spray can can do. Please help. Thanks very much!!!

Thanks for your help. I have a 2hp compressor 4gal tank which provide 3.7 [email protected] , but the gun I have required 7 [email protected] Do you think it can last the time of painting the bumper?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Doubtful. You can try, but it may not be strong enough. You could always rent a compressor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts