Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im thinkin of getting a ViS carbon fiber hood off ebay for my car, im also thinking of painting it my car color (silver), i was wondering if this is possible? and also how would it look? would it have the wavy lines? or just look like a stock hood? Thanks!

·
Traitor
332 Posts
i saw a guy on speed vision with his cf hood painted he said they sprayed the paint in the air and let it fall on the hood...i dont know if he was serious or noot

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Yeah I had my CF hood painted. Just make sure that the shop you're taking it to, knows what they're doing and that they spray clear coat over the whole hood again so you don't have a raised line. Good Luck.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
stock93cam said:
i saw a guy on speed vision with his cf hood painted he said they sprayed the paint in the air and let it fall on the hood...i dont know if he was serious or noot
yeah i saw that too.
i think he used a transparent color though. that's what i plan to do when i get the hood in oct but not until i get the whole car painted. transparent silver metalic leaf green:smokin: that shit is going to look pimp.

as for a camry being a boat. drive a american sedan and you'll see a boat. my camry handles pretty well...and it's a wagon :p:

and a sleeper is when you do things to a car that nobody knows about
ie: weight reduction(which changes hp to weight ratio), engine mods, tranny upgrades, suspension, and brakes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i never said i wanted to make it a sleeper, or that i wanted to hide my weight reduction mods, its just i need a new hood (accident), and for like $100 more i can have the carbon fiber one over the stock one......

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
and plus carbon fibre doesn't always look the best with some colors. i dont think it would look very good on a black car for example, even tho i dont think i have ever seen that. anyone got pics?

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
I've seen it done.. They mix the black body with a carbon hood.. It looks fine I guess.. no big deal...

It looks better when it's contrasted against another color.. Like CF on a White cam.. or.. other colors...

·
_trancemaster_
399 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
Its called being a sleeper. ;)

You can modify the heck out of your camry, it'll still be a sleeper. People don't expect much from camries. If you got nice turbo beast under the hood, they would be veerrryyy surprised:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts