Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright dudes im pissed off right now. I was at school and someone hit and broke my side view mirror on my Camry. Im just glad that they barely clipped it so the actual mirror isnt cracked, its jut the housing. I took it off and used hot glue and stuk it back on but it came off again in like a week. I need a new one but Toyotas probably gonna sk like close to $100 Ebay got them for like 40$ but ill have to paint them, so Im thinking about getting one from a junkyard if ima need to paint it. I wanted to know how to do it? I know im gonna have to wetsand the existing paint but then? Do I just go and paint or will I need to primer it first?or anything else

·
Learn to Swim...
96 Camaro, 94 Camry
207 Posts
either way your probably gonna have to paint it...you could get it professionally done for cheap

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
side mirriors would be cheap to have painted. if u were gonna DIY, then just sand it a little do roughen of the existing painted surface and then just paint over it. u only really need primer if ur going from a bare surface like plastic or metal. make sure u wetsand it afterword too to get it smooth, maby even apply a clear coat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts