Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Corolla
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on painting my valve cover this weekend. I tried taking it off, but i couldn't. I only need to take off the spark plug wires and the 6 bolts right? Or does the spark plugs need to come out as well?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Im planning on painting my valve cover this weekend. I tried taking it off, but i couldn't. I only need to take off the spark plug wires and the 6 bolts right? Or does the spark plugs need to come out as well?
once you take off the bolts, it usually wont just slide off, its sealed onto the head. you need to give it some elbow grease...

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,288 Posts
I tried this before too and it wouldn't budge...

Sorry is this is a hijack but how did you guys get the wire harness out of the way?

·
Registered
54 Posts
FEW THINGS TO TRY:
after making sure all bolts are out,and wires out of the way,put oil cap back on and use that as a "handle" to try to move and brake the seal.If not,and i like to use this as a last result,pry with a wide flat screwdriver at one of the corners,taking care not to gouge surfaces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
100% you'll scratch the surface with a screw driver, rubber mallet and few whacks should loosen it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts