Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota's nickel-metal hydride battery supplier, Panasonic EV Energy Co., is planning to produce about 800,000 batteries for hybrid vehicles in 2009. The company sells 95% of its output to Toyota, which means that Toyota is expecting to build at least 760,000 hybrid vehicles next year. This would be an increase of 77% over Toyota's 2007 global hybrid production of 429,000 units.

If Toyota keeps up its march toward greater quantities of hybrid production, it should be able to reach its goal of selling 1 million hybrids by the early part of the next decade.

The full article is available at: http://www.autosavant.net/2008/02/panasonic-ev-energy-co-hints-at-toyotas.html.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Well I suppose more hybrid models are coming out which would create more demand for batteries.

I really do hope that Toyota will allow reasonably priced battery upgrades or replacement.

If that's the case, buying a 15 year old Camry LE or a 15 year old Camry Hybrid would be an interesting choice. If allowed for a battery replacement (or upgrade), that used car buyer is practically getting a new car for used car prices.

But that would also mean that people can upgrade their battery rather than buying a new hybrid and I'm assuming Toyota prefers that we buy new cars from them lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts