Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a new stereo in my car - thanks to excellent instructions on here!!!

I also need to hook up the parking brake wire so DVD's cannot be played unless parking brake is on.

Can you help me with this?

Any pix and/or instructions on how to access this wire?

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
118 Posts
I am installing a new stereo in my car - thanks to excellent instructions on here!!!

I also need to hook up the parking brake wire so DVD's cannot be played unless parking brake is on.

THANKS IN ADVANCED!
What after market stereo are you getting? Cause if it's an Alpine, you just have to buy and install PAC TR-7. That's an Alpine brake bypass module. It's safer and it's easy to install.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the Rosen TY0820. It allows you to bypass the parking lock and it is... but I am afraid my kids will play movies while driving so I need to go back in and actually connect it.

BUMMER

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about the VIP alarm instructions? Anyone have those? or a link?

Maybe that will help with part removal that would allow me to access e-brake wire.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Where did you get the unit from? If you got it from crutchfield or a similar site, contact their customer service (which, btw, is supposed to be awesome). Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Goodluck!

·
Registered
81 Posts

THANKS IN ADVANCED!
Why don't you just put the green wire to a hidden switch and the other end of the switch to ground. Very simple solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also installed a Rosen and i didn't realize it allows us to bypass the handbrake so how to i do that please? Is it in the settings menu?? Love my new Rosen!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts