Toyota Nation Forum banner

Parking lot accident

6K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Xantho 
Post some good pics and I'll write you up an estimate. Your gunna have to figure out exchange yourself. Also labor rate vary from city to city here in the states, so I have no idea what they are like up north. But at least I can get you a rough idea.

Couple questions. Can you tell why the hood to headlamp gap is messed up on the right side? Maybe broken mount tabs? From the pictures it's hard to tell, but I assume the rt fender has a buckle in it from being shoved back, is this the case.

Just by looking at the pictures, I bet there is more damage then meets the eye. There are some weird things going on there. I would take it to a shop to get it fixed rather then trying to cash out and do it yourself. I can still write you up an estimate though just to give you a rough idea.

The fact that the grille clip are broken (from the picture they are missing) signifies something more is going on. I would speculate that there is some core support damage, at least to the baffle area. I can get you a rough figure when I get to work tommarrow, but honestly, I would swing it by a shop and have them look at it. There is only so much you can tell by pictures, you really need to see it in person. Stop by a reputible repair shop and see what they say. They should be able to give you some better advice. I have poeple all come into my shop all the time that are in your very position, and I have no problem letting them know what I would do, even if the wont bring it to me for repairs.

Tacosalad, I went to get a quote today from a local chevy dealer (the owner owns a toyota dealer which i called and they told me to go to them Jack carter) anyway with a labour rate of $80/hour total cost is 1963.50, 7.6 hours for body, 6.4 hours of refinish, add cost of 404.60, parts 340.40 all of this would be plus tax (5.0%). I can break down the cost further if you need

I would still like to get an arb in which case it wouldn't matter if there was some minor damage to an area underneath the bumper?
let me know what you think?

If there is some core support/baffle damage, it's not the end of the world. You can still get an ARB. You may just never be able to get the gaps right on that side. Did the shop give you any idea of what was causeing that funky headlamp gap?

I assume they wrote to replace the front bumper cover, and possibly replace the right fender, hard to tell from the picture if it is buckled or just dented. Which parts did they write to replace?

I just put 7 hours repair on the fender, like they did, since they have seen it. Our labor rate is $46 an hour for body and paint. Paint materials is $27 per labor hour. I got a total of $1448.65, 11.7 body labor hours and 7.7 paint labor hours.

I don't see how they could only have 7.6 body labor hours, with 7 of that being fender repair time. That only leaves .6 for all the rest of the body labor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.