Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so I was walking back to my car and saw this hanging off of my car in the passenger rear wheel well and I'm not sure what it is, if I need it, or how to fix it? The other rear wheel well didn't even have this part. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
360 Posts
You're going to have to remove the tire. Rotate it around and see where it fits. Looks like the plastic pin holding it came out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're going to have to remove the tire. Rotate it around and see where it fits. Looks like the plastic pin holding it came out.
I'm not sure which plastic pin it would be so I can replace it, I can't seem to find what this piece is anywhere.

·
Registered
957 Posts
There is a screw that goes underneath. Here's a picture from the ground, facing up.

These pieces are installed by the dealer before they sell the car. A bunch of us have had issues with them, including me. Usually the clip falls out and allows the piece to swing out and hit the tire. Oddly, your clip stayed in and it looks like you lost the screw. Dealer should cover this if it's still under warranty.

·
unofficial TN member
00 camry le 5s-fe
943 Posts
There is a screw that goes underneath. Here's a picture from the ground, facing up.

View attachment 332582

These pieces are installed by the dealer before they sell the car. A bunch of us have had issues with them, including me. Usually the clip falls out and allows the piece to swing out and hit the tire. Oddly, your clip stayed in and it looks like you lost the screw. Dealer should cover this if it's still under warranty.
Is the function of this piece a wheel well liner holder or for some other use?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts