Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 81' Corolla S/W. Runs Great and looks pretty good to. I bought it this weekend from the original owner.

Anyway, where can I find interior parts for it online. I need seat belts, some plastic trim pieces, plus other odds and ends.

I have found some sites but nothing that offers all the parts I need.

I am restoring a 65' Chevy Pickup and I can find parts all over the place for it. (Almost done BTW)

Having a hard time finding the Toyota parts.

Thanks,

Rip

·
Registered
'81 Corolla wagon
77 Posts
Good luck on the parts, especially for the wagon! I have 2, 1981 Corolla station wagons (long story), both running. One got rear-ended last winter (another long story). I did extensive searches on the web, called around country, and it's almost impossible to find parts. The dealerships here all have dropped '81s from their parts catalogs. A number of auto salvage places I called said they had just finished sending the ones I had seen online to the crushers. I finally got a bumper fgrom a place in TX and spent 3 days in subzero MN winter cleaning it up and painting it, but I only found two places in all the US that had a bumper for this car. I think if one of my wagons finally bites the dust I am going to see if I can find a friend who will store it for me for parts for the other.

Fortunately you can still get small parts (alternators, distributor caps, etc.) from auto stores, but try to find a replacement rubber seal to the rear hatch window...

Oh, 4 years ago at least, there was an '81 wagon in a junkyard in Ogden, UT. All the doors are now in my garage (either replacing rusted out ones, or crunched one), along with the wiper transmission and the rear bumper, but the rest might still be there (if it hasn't headed for the crusher).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.