Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow a toyota message board came up on a yahoo search? Wow. I just want to hear people's input on paseo engine mods and what type of after-market support people have been able to find. Personally i have had to make everything for my engine out of something else. I have a cold air intake system from a civic dx currently.... One thing that i'm glad i did is i borred out the engine to a 2.5. It sounds impossible but i found an engine shop in L.a that it'll do it for 600 bucks. I haven't put my car on the dyno so i don't know what kind of power i picked up, but it really really kicks. Other mods i've put into my car are aluminum headers, 2 1/2 inch straight back eg. and i have a chipped ecu. My estimation is about 165-170 hp. My friend has a stock golf 1.8t which runs 180 stock hp and i was right on him in the quarter mile. He upgraded far beyond my engine's potential though so i haven't had anything to estimate my power with. I read about someone complaining about the low end power of their paseo but my rpm's soar with no problem. My low end isn't as good as my high end but it still kicks. My high end is awesome though. i want a mod that over-rides my rev limit of 7rpm flat.... I'd like alot of imput from other paseo runners so i'll be checking up with this. Feel free to email me or i-m me.
DjEmoKidd-aim or [email protected]

·
Registered
136 Posts
sounds good, 2 things, now your cylinder walls are extremely thin, unless it was sleeved, so don't overheat it and don't turbocharge it. another thing that would be good, right now you have low/no restriction intake/exhaust, good. Next you should upgrade your fuel and ignition. You should get a universal fuel pressure regulator and tinker with that first and one of those gimmicky resistors for IAT sensor or G-box. Get some better wires and for god sakes get SPLITFIRE plugs! The fact of the matter is now you have much bigger displacement, so you'll need more fuel and more fuel will also cool the cylinders.

·
Registered
136 Posts
another thing, if it's 4-speed manual or automatic, the low end is gonna be kinda drab because of tall gears. for rev-limiter, you don't want to take it past 7000. those engines are very reliable but are not built to withstand more, plus you won't get more top-end power by going higher because the engine loses all power at very top end.-andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my engine is pretty much maxed out. i mean i had it dynoed yesterday an dit reads 195hp at wheels. I juat wanted imput from other paseo and tercel runners on what they did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i just visited that site... It's more for the all show no go type that i dispise.. :( There is no aftermarket support for the Paseo or Tercel engine wise. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
238 Posts
hey dj elmo...im here in cali as well..
i would ove to come down and check out your motor. i have a 5efhe,was looking to go all motor, but it didnt seem like that would work out too well, without spending serious cash. how is your gas mileage? did you need to adjust your fuel delivery in any manner? please hit me back.

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
THere are some of us on TercelOnline.com that are all about the go... and maybe alittle about show ;)

Really, did you get the engine sleeved? What internals are you running? 195whp... hmm.. 1 liter displacement can do a lot.

Something domestics learned a long time ago.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY!

GET PICTURES UP A.S.A.P.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
DjEmo said:
Yeah i just visited that site... It's more for the all show no go type that i dispise.. :( There is no aftermarket support for the Paseo or Tercel engine wise. Thanks anyway.
PM me...I'll put you on to some cats that will make you Paseo a beast provided you are ready to do business instead of "ponder" business. The're a few Paseos on the board that are all go..you just gotta take the time to search it out.

DOTMREP

·
Registered
3 Posts
performance mods for paseo

Hey im new to the toyota side of imports. I got a 93 paseo and would like to make it fast and if not fast decent so that it can hold its own. If anyone can give me some links, numbers, products,ANYTHING, just let me know.Thanks.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Re: performance mods for paseo

paseynut said:
Hey im new to the toyota side of imports. I got a 93 paseo and would like to make it fast and if not fast decent so that it can hold its own. If anyone can give me some links, numbers, products,ANYTHING, just let me know.Thanks.

pm me asap and ...refer the post before yours....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
BS on getting it bored to 2.5L and making 195hp to the wheels.

I had a built 2.4 twin cam 4cyl, with cams, p+p head, I/H/E pulley and made around 145hp to the wheels when it was rated 150hp advertised (flywheel) stock......so i call bs.

Lets see a dyno chart and some proof.:disappoin

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
Oh, I didnt know whos string you we're referring to. I will say that there are 5EFHE's pushing well over 195HP - WRX Sti Killers...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow a toyota message board came up on a yahoo search? Wow. I just want to hear people's input on paseo engine mods and what type of after-market support people have been able to find. Personally i have had to make everything for my engine out of something else. I have a cold air intake system from a civic dx currently.... One thing that i'm glad i did is i borred out the engine to a 2.5. It sounds impossible but i found an engine shop in L.a that it'll do it for 600 bucks. I haven't put my car on the dyno so i don't know what kind of power i picked up, but it really really kicks. Other mods i've put into my car are aluminum headers, 2 1/2 inch straight back eg. and i have a chipped ecu. My estimation is about 165-170 hp. My friend has a stock golf 1.8t which runs 180 stock hp and i was right on him in the quarter mile. He upgraded far beyond my engine's potential though so i haven't had anything to estimate my power with. I read about someone complaining about the low end power of their paseo but my rpm's soar with no problem. My low end isn't as good as my high end but it still kicks. My high end is awesome though. i want a mod that over-rides my rev limit of 7rpm flat.... I'd like alot of imput from other paseo runners so i'll be checking up with this. Feel free to email me or i-m me.
DjEmoKidd-aim or [email protected]
Gees can't believe it has been 15 years ago already I have an still do have my daughter's first car 93 paseo 5 speed 75 k miles still runs great though and yours sounds awesome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts