Toyota Nation Forum banner

Passenger Airbag warning light

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Marc M 
#1 ·
Hi folks. Question for any of you...

The passenger "no airbag" warning light is coming on when someone is sitting in the seat and goes out when the seat is empty; the reverse of what it is supposed to be doing.

The only thing I could think of is that I installed a reverse sensor kit on my truck and tapped into the wire for the reverse lights (behind the kickplate on the drivers' side). Could this connection be interfering with the airbag light? Any thoughts? I'm hoping it's a coincidence.

#6 ·
Fitz235 said:
You don't have the key switch in the dash?
The key switch is supposedly only in the base and access cabs. The DCs have the weight sensor in the seats. I went looking for my yesterday and had to turn to the manual.

-Bill

#7 ·
MTBBill said:
The key switch is supposedly only in the base and access cabs. The DCs have the weight sensor in the seats. I went looking for my yesterday and had to turn to the manual.

-Bill
I have an access cab, it has the key switch, and the weight sensor in the seat.

#10 ·
Maybe I should check the manual... but while it's on my mind... On the DoubleCab models
WITHOUT a key, how is the passwnger airbag lights supposed to work? I'd swear that when
my wife (120lbs) was sitting in the passenger seat, the 'ON' light was lit on the display console.
When my co-worker (275) rode in the same seat today, the airbag kight never came on.

So... is the 'on' light supposed to be lit when it's working and not lit when it's disabled? I know
that there is a kid limit... but what about a 6'7", 275 lbs adult limit?

Thanks - jack

#13 ·
The wiring for the key switch is mounted to the blank in the dash on the Double Cabs....

Marc M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.