Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been enjoying the fool out of my new Tacoma for the past Month + I've already knocked up almost 5 on the odometer, and she's a champ of uncomperable proportions.

I've noticed a little issue that's cropped up though. My wife told me about a popping INSIDE of the passenger seat. She said she feels it in her back. I've heard it a few times. It almost sounds like it's coming from the center console - something rattling around, but it's not. I've emptied it out. She says it DEFINITELY is inside of the chair. We notice it any time there is lateral motion and sometimes when we stop and start. I haven't been paying close enough attention to the circumstances yet, and I didn't see anything on the search results. Anyone heard this? Any ideas? I've seen a few other issues, but they didn't quite sound like this one. I am suspect that it has something to do with the mechanisms that fold the seatback forwards. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I fixed my pass seat rattle..It was on the side where you control the seats up and down. there is that plastic panal. You take that off. After you remove it. be careful removing. there is a screw behind the flap at the bottom of the seat and it slides forward to come off doesnt pull off.
then u see a thin metal arm and the spring for the seat control lever.
that little thin bar jiggles alot..so I used elec tape to cover it to absorb the rattle and put a small bit behind it where the 2 hinge so its a tighter fit and doesnt rattle..ever since then my seat has not made a sound..I got a pic at home of what it si i will post up later

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boss. I'd appreciate that. I'll take a look this weekend and compare your notes and pic against what I've got and see if it will help. I'm optimistic. Aside from that issue, this truck is just plain flawless.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
this is what I fixed for my seat..the green lines are where I put the elec tape

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
I don't have that problem at all, yet, but I have to say that is a helpful post! Nice job.

·
Registered
848 Posts
novataco said:
I don't have that problem at all, yet, but I have to say that is a helpful post! Nice job.
those are different seats than what you have.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Fitz235 said:
those are different seats than what you have.
No they are not...he has a sport tacoma and the TRD's and XR all have the same seats

·
Registered
848 Posts
05XRunner said:
No they are not...he has a sport tacoma and the TRD's and XR all have the same seats
I stand corrected, I thought just the TRD's had the sport seats, plus your seats look two tone in that picture.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
nope they are the standard sport seats grey with the webbing type stuff in the middle..probably looks darker cause the shadow of the seat folded down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts