Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys so woke up this morning backing up and than try to turn right i heard some clunking sound and now i see my passenger side wheel not turning while driver side is, drove the car last night no issues at all can someone give me some idea where to start to bring the car back to driving condition?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ball joint fell apart? Something jammed between the caliper and a slot in the rim? Jack that side up pull the wheel off and look to see what is going on. Someone really dislikes you=sabotage. Brake caliper completely frozen with pads applied and not releasing?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply finally got the wheel off here is the picture seems like tie rod end snapped? i am sure i need new one any video link i can see so i can do the project myself as budget extremely tight

·
Registered
2014 HL XLE AWD
2,218 Posts
Eagle...google...."Toyota corolla tie rod replacement". Good luck on fix.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
6,689 Posts
Best to do both sides and keep the good one as a spare.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys, as 2 years ago that tierod end was replaced when it was getting alignment, seems like the shop did not do the job right as the old tierod was easily pushed back in without even turning, while the new one i got took allot of man power to screw it in.
yes i am very thankful it didnt happen in the highway or else it would have been a tragedy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Interesting how it broke.. it's like they overtightened the jam nut and pulled the threads out of the tie rod end. Either that or it was just a very low quality part with bad threads to begin with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting how it broke.. it's like they overtightened the jam nut and pulled the threads out of the tie rod end. Either that or it was just a very low quality part with bad threads to begin with.
it didnt even broke it just got snapped out from the shaft very weird

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
6,689 Posts
Just be thankful it wasn't your lower ball joint.

This happened to me once on a different car. It was a scary event and the wheel was positioned into the fender.

·
イリジウム
11,942 Posts
A reason why many of us DIY with quality parts. And know it’s done right!

Talking about the lower ball joint, a broken one sent a member unconscious to a hospital. Yeah glad it didn’t happen on the highway!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
thanks for the reply finally got the wheel off here is the picture seems like tie rod end snapped? i am sure i need new one any video link i can see so i can do the project myself as budget extremely tight

Are the threads destroyed? Looks like the lock nut might not have been tightened and it came apart for that reason. Maybe just put it back together and tighten the lock nut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts