Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So, remember that post, my first post, about how i had ordered a 09' Black PreRunner 4-dr with the sports package....due to arrive in Houston this weekend, me being lined up to buy it Monday or Tuesday after I return ed from Easter with the family

Well, there I am driving home to Baton Rouge to bring my old taco, 00', to give to my pawpaw back home, so he would have something besides his ancient Nissan truck that hardly starts anymore. I'm on I-10 doing about 50, when about 3 or 4 cars in front of me a car slams on their brakes for no good reason leaving everyone else to do the same. I have plenty of room to stop and apply my breaks. Well the woman behind me in her 4-runner doesnt see it and plows into my rear causing me to plow into the mazda 4 in front of me. The mazda's plastic bumper is hardly dented, the lady in the 4-runner jsut throws her hands in the air and drives off, meanwhile.....my entire right front end is smashed.

We're talking ruined....front right fender, bumper, right front tire, suspension, air unit, grill, lights, and even the radiator all to be replaced.

Early estimate: $3,326

Somebody put me out of my misery now please....

I was so close to a new taco, so close.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
You had better have gotten that plate on the 4 runner. I'd be sueing her ass ASAP. Guaranteed to win.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know, I know....I was super pissed, but scared shitless. That part on 10 is insane, 6 lanes wide, a lot of weaving traffic, and Houston drivers aren't exactly known for their driving politeness or sanity.

Just depressing, the 00' tacoma isnt worth that much, but I want to give him that truck. My insurance is already $315 a month, I can't claim it. Just got to take part of my down payment for the 09', bight the bullet, and do the right thing and fix the truck for my pawpaw. depressing as a mf'er tho...

bad things always happen to good people....

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
and people that are too nice get fucked over....

You my friend are far too nice. Promise us all you'll either A: track that bitch down, or B: never let something like that happen again. You could have a brand new Tacoma for free if you had caught her plate! Rear end hit and run I'm sure is a felony, on top of the whiplash she probably gave you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know, believe me I'm a man of little patience and a very short fuse, the bitch was moving fast and so was everything else...you have to remember i was in the middle of I-10, the interstate, a huge fast moving interstate in the middle of the 4th largest metropolitan in the US at that.

no way in hell i could have gotten her plates and she knew it. i got hosed.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
No witnesses got her plates either? This is really f'ed up. I hate people like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts