Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I plan to build my Corolla in the near future i'll post some pictures along the way to give everyone an uptodate status of whats going on.

but just to let everyone know here are some of the things that are on the car already

Engine

Stock 4 cyclinder 1.8L 16V 7afe A/T
Custom air intake w/ Injen cone airfilter and hydroshield
N/A

Exterior

Stock springs
Stock steelies
OEM Rear Mud Guards
Yakima Roof Rack w/ (1)bike rack
Stock HeadLights
Stock tail lights
Stock tag lights
Stock front bumper (its a little modified if you look at it closely
Stock rear bumper
Stock exhaust pipe
OEM XV10 muffler

Interior

Kenwood KDC KDC X995/BT948HD w/ XM Radio (still need to get the subsription)
OEM Corolla/Geo Center Console w/o the cool cupholder
Stock Seats
Stock Gauge cluster
Stock instrument panel
OEM Honda Civic foglight switch
6' Rear Kenwood Speakers
Maybe 5' front Alpine Speakers?

The Plans?

Silver Top 20V engine& trans swap
Recently got a subaru bumper & got bomex side skirts from a cool guy on this forum *Hint Hint* gold94corolla ;]
Save up $$$$ for the TRD wheels cause sidewall popped
5 lug conversion? im still throwing that idea around.
and i think thats it....
i'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres something kool i picked up...
if your wondering what they are, they are Tenzo Sport Type R Evolutions in Carbon Blue
if your wondering "why blue?" Cause they looked clean to me and my buddy that went with me, it was $200 USD, it was local, and the previous owner wanted it blue. So YAY BLUE SEATS !

Enjoy!

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i started doing coilovers and limmie tell you
taking the fronts were easy enough that a monkey can do it
the rears tho was a little difficult but i manage to take both out and put the rear coilovers on!
i did manage to take a photo of a "before picture" of a shoe test that i did but its gonna take me a while.
be these pictures can do for now

what i bought was;
1.) ishaqs suby fog lights. BTW L/F Fog Light glass got broken on the way D;
2.) JayDeeEm Headlight w/ corner lights
3.) OEM Sprinter Grille
4.) JayDeeEm Mesh Grille (my back up grille)
5.) Cusco 2 point strut bar
6.) H4 HID headlight bulbs (on the way)
7.) set of 215/40/18 tires
8.) only 2 wheels were painted (silly me) :p
9.) got the suby bumper plastic welded back!

i still had the jack up btw on this one :p im gonna need to roll my fenders soon

On 2/26/2013 I Got Some More Stickers and i think you guys a gonna like it

And some time Between that day and The Kent Narrows Meet, i wanted to make my grille alot more appealing and Chris's And Ishaq's Grills give me some inspiration and an idea. so run back down my basement and got the back up grill i bought 1 or 2 weeks after i got the sprinter grill on ebay and ran back to my room and got my TRD Emblem And Did This! And did the "JayDeeEm" Headlights

on 3/30/2013 i went to Kent Narrows Bridge in Kent Narrows MD For Eurogeeks 4th annual Cruise/MoCo Meet before that i put the Suby Bumper back on went to my friends house and rolled my fenders...ended up only rolling the rear fenders.... but i took this picture before i left in memory of my steelies that im putting in the back.

[i'll edit this post later and upload the pics from the meet on a different post.]
On 4/5/2013 i was able to put them on after i finnally rolled the front fenders....(and it was much easier then rolling then rears... WAY TO EASY!)

On 4/7/2013 i went to ISP Racing Dyno Day and got her on the dyno!
sadly its on youtube, and double digits hurt the soul.

i got my hands on Volk Racing Lugnuts Locally here in MD cause the O.P. for the Lug nuts on this forum seem to have taken too long for me to wait for so i went around Craigslist and found someone who were selling them here so i bought it from him.

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have it. I'll try to bring out pictures later today [Posted Today At 10 am]

16:53:15[Edit]

Please anyone in the international community note anything im missing or anthing wrong in this swap.
Beside linkages and ECU missing i have them i believe..... should post pictures of them too :tongue:*:p*
but please note anything or ask questions cause i do plan to take a couple of days off of work so i can do this swap right away!
i want this rolla to be even more magnificent then i see right now!!!!
IM BEGGING!!!!:(

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is kinda a brief update from then till now.

things i need now is:

custom seat mounts
axle carrier bracket for the c52 transmission
the 4age ST 20v in the rolla.

so if anyone can help me find the axle carrier bracket that would be great.

·
Only GOD Knows
Toyota Corolla
1,974 Posts
this is kinda a brief update from then till now.

things i need now is:

custom seat mounts
axle carrier bracket for the c52 transmission
the 4age ST 20v in the rolla.

so if anyone can help me find the axle carrier bracket that would be great.
the axle carrier bracket I'm assuming your talking about the bracket for the intermediate shaft for the passenger side...

Luckily my BT came with it on there. All I had to do was find the intermediate shaft. But, I have heard people just use the stock shaft from the 7A/4A without it. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I think that will be a hard part to source.

Nice build by the way...I like the progress :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the axle carrier bracket I'm assuming your talking about the bracket for the intermediate shaft for the passenger side...

Luckily my BT came with it on there. All I had to do was find the intermediate shaft. But, I have heard people just use the stock shaft from the 7A/4A without it. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I think that will be a hard part to source.

Nice build by the way...I like the progress :thumbsup:
Yeah it's a difficult one but I think I mite have to go to my local Toyota dealership and see what they can do for me. And thanks! I just got my axle and halfshaft so I'll upload pictures of that as soon as it can remove old stuff off my Dropbox

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
95 Corolla
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Subie bumpers look so nice on our cars. Did it bolt straight on? Which years fit?
My suburb bumper came off of a 99 2.5rs, nope I had to have drill holes in the fender to put in tap screws. But that cause I bought it from a cool guy that used to have an ae101, if you want to find him he probably goes by gold94corolla aka Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Only GOD Knows
Toyota Corolla
1,974 Posts
Yeah it's a difficult one but I think I mite have to go to my local Toyota dealership and see what they can do for me.
If your in the US, you will not be able to order certain parts that were made specific for Japan or other markets, even with a Toyota part number.

You might try like a 99 RAV4 which uses a very similar setup for the passenger side shaft. Not sure about the bracket tho cause I never actually seen the bracket. I just know the CV axle is almost identical except the inboard shaft has different spline count but uses the same carrier bearing.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
If your in the US, you will not be able to order certain parts that were made specific for Japan or other markets, even with a Toyota part number.
Service manager at my local dealer told me he could order replacement engine parts from Toyota so long as he could give Toyota proof the vehicle was registered in the US, but it would have a 3-4 month lead time and this was only about minor replacement stuff (ignition system, water pump, etc) not other pieces. Worth asking them. Ask to speak to the manager though, not just the parts counter guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.