Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100 4WD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone tell me where the PCV and EGR valves are located on a 1997 T100?

Thanks!

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
PCV is on the valve cover and has a host going to it. The EGR is towards the back of the motor with a pipe and a small vent hose going to the top of it. The EGR valve will also have a 25620- number on it.

Hi, can someone tell me where the PCV and EGR valves are located on a 1997 T100?

Thanks!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,672 Posts
What engine do you have? 4 or 6 cylinder?

If you have the 6 cylinder and yer T-100 isn't a California spec vehicle...then you will NOT have the EGR system. ;)

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100 4WD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What engine do you have? 4 or 6 cylinder?

If you have the 6 cylinder and yer T-100 isn't a California spec vehicle...then you will NOT have the EGR system. ;)
LOL! No wonder I couldn't find it!

The reason I asked is because I started getting the P0441 code again and I can't figure out what's causing it.

I replaced the Vacuum Switching Valve about a year ago and the problem went away since them. I just checked the hoses going to the VSV and they look pretty decent.

This started happening ever since I went off road a couple weeks ago and got a some of dirt in the engine compartment. I don't know...maybe it's just a coincidence. I did replace the air filter but I'm not sure if it made any difference.

Most of the time the engine starts but I had a few times when it acts like the VSV is clogged again. Is that possible after only a year?

Any other suggestions?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,672 Posts
I would replace the hoses going to the evap system...don't go by just simple checks...not worth the time.

How's that gas cap doing? ;)

Reactions: Ledvette77

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100 4WD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would replace the hoses going to the evap system...don't go by just simple checks...not worth the time.

How's that gas cap doing? ;)
Gas cap looks good - the rubber gasket is still pliable but it's always possible I forgot to crank it down last time. :D

PCV valve looks good too. I put my mouth on it and blew - yuck! (don't try this at home, kids).

I put the gas cap on good and reset the check engine light so we'll see if the P0441 comes back.

BTW, I was looking at the evap system again and I noticed there is another vacuum switch *below* the one I replaced last time. It has part number 90910-12109. Does this switch typically go bad too?

·
Registered
-
120 Posts
lose the egr lol im gettin 2 mpg/cty better on avg.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100 4WD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Working!

FYI, I replaced the VSV I mentioned in my last post and haven't had any problem starting nor seen the P0441 in over 4 weeks.

I guess both of those switches have a tendency to go bad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts