Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know where it is on our engines??? Pictures would be helpful. Its a 1.8L Corolla S

Thanks,
|-Goku-|

Also if you don't have anything useful to say, please don't comment. Thank you.

·
USMCx09Rolla
2009 Corolla S
29 Posts
Anyone know where it is on our engines??? Pictures would be helpful. Its a 1.8L Corolla S

Thanks,
|-Goku-|

Also if you don't have anything useful to say, please don't comment. Thank you.

you are in luck buddy. i was actually setting up a weapon r SRI yesterday and decided to take pics of setup b/c alot of ppl were askin' on how to do it lately. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2751042&posted=1#post2751042 the 3rd picture from the top > top left corner of pic < the area where that stubby little hose w/ clamps connected to is the PVC valve. hope this helps :D

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just to so I know I have the right one, can you circle it for me :D

I appreciate the pictures too :)

I thought that the hose ran from the PCV to the Throttle Body?? Am I wrong??

·
USMCx09Rolla
2009 Corolla S
29 Posts
Just to so I know I have the right one, can you circle it for me :D

I appreciate the pictures too :)

I thought that the hose ran from the PCV to the Throttle Body?? Am I wrong??

oh no no no. the PVC runs from the engine pvc port to the intake pipe itself. and the intake pipe is connected to the throttle bottle w/ a coupler. as least i hope i'm right ... otherwise when i dive 150 miles upstate i'll learn the hardway :ugh3: lol but anyways...here's the pic w/ circle in red.

enjoy. any more q's feel free to ask. :D

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are we sure that the PCV Valve doesn't run to the Throttle body?? I know on my 02 Corolla it did. I mean I could be wrong, I just don't want to hook up the wrong thing, and then.. KABLOOEY!!

·
USMCx09Rolla
2009 Corolla S
29 Posts
Are we sure that the PCV Valve doesn't run to the Throttle body?? I know on my 02 Corolla it did. I mean I could be wrong, I just don't want to hook up the wrong thing, and then.. KABLOOEY!!

:eek: lol i think the throttle body is definitely the silver circular thing on bottom left of pic. and the thing that connects to the throttle body in that case is a grey connecting piece (connecting it to the weapon r intake pipe) there is a seperate valve on the intake pipe where a pvc hose runs from in back to the pvc port on engine. i've driven it around several blocks and no KABLOOEY! ....yet....:ugh3: lol does this explain it a bit better? it's always easier to show then write something up :disappoin

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, you have yours hooked up correctly, you don't have to worry about kablooey

I will prolly end up taking the Throttle body off today, to look for it

·
USMCx09Rolla
2009 Corolla S
29 Posts
No, you have yours hooked up correctly, you don't have to worry about kablooey

I will prolly end up taking the Throttle body off today, to look for it

lol. you're gonna take the throttle body off? just outta curiosity, may i ask what you are attempting to do? don't you already have a CAI setup ?:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts