Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a Pedal Commander on the 2018 Camry? Specifically curious about the hybrid models. Any thoughts to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Many people on the camry Facebook pages have the pedal commander and love it. It makes a difference on all models as the gas pedal is all drive by wire.
I personally had it and returned to it. To me it ain't worth 300 bucks. It makes the throttle so sensitive which in return causes the car to shift more. Every little movement of your foot results in the car trying to accelerate.
Join Toyota camry club on Facebook or even better join G8CMS on Facebook. Lost of helpful people on those pages.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since this came up, here's another option for a fraction of the cost :grin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-throttle-controller-accelerator-for-TOYOTA-WISH-RAV4-CAMRY-AVENSIS-/232927560575?oid=232888540192

I have been using it on my SE for about 2 months and after trying different settings have settled on HH3. It's true as you increase the mode setting, sensitivity goes up a lot and higher settings will cause wheel spin and twitchy throttle.

But otherwise, it's been excellent, no difference in mileage either. If you don't like simply remove it in 5 mins or less.

SE does not have throttle modes, but higher throttle input causes shifting at relatively higher rpms and that helps with drivability around town. 4th and onwards the transmission is very responsive as it is.

As an aside, the product is housed in a box almost as nice as the apple iphone, must have drawn some inspiration haha :lol:

·
Premium Member
'18 Toyota Camry XSE
621 Posts
It makes a difference on all models as the gas pedal is all drive by wire.
I have to object to this, as the XSE's Sport mode give direct throttle response (as stated in the owner's manual and techinfo site). So installing this on an XSE is pointless. The SE other models that do not have a Sport mode may gain something from this, but not the XSE.

·
Registered
663 Posts
It makes a difference on all models as the gas pedal is all drive by wire.
I have to object to this, as the XSE's Sport mode give direct throttle response (as stated in the owner's manual and techinfo site). So installing this on an XSE is pointless. The SE other models that do not have a Sport mode may gain something from this, but not the XSE.
I dont have an XSE so I'm just going off what many others have said. I could care less myself. It's camry and I don't need fast throttle response myself in this car. But others want different things. I think it's a lot of money for something that doesn't do very much.

·
Registered
1996 Camry LE V6
108 Posts
Since this came up, here's another option for a fraction of the cost :grin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-throttle-controller-accelerator-for-TOYOTA-WISH-RAV4-CAMRY-AVENSIS-/232927560575?oid=232888540192

I have been using it on my SE for about 2 months and after trying different settings have settled on HH3. It's true as you increase the mode setting, sensitivity goes up a lot and higher settings will cause wheel spin and twitchy throttle.

But otherwise, it's been excellent, no difference in mileage either. If you don't like simply remove it in 5 mins or less.

SE does not have throttle modes, but higher throttle input causes shifting at relatively higher rpms and that helps with drivability around town. 4th and onwards the transmission is very responsive as it is.

As an aside, the product is housed in a box almost as nice as the apple iphone, must have drawn some inspiration haha :lol:
I was wondering if you’re still having good luck with the throttle controller.
I have the Pedal Commander in my current generation Tundra and love it. I’d like to give this unit a try in my Camry LE if it works well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was wondering if you’re still having good luck with the throttle controller.
I have the Pedal Commander in my current generation Tundra and love it. I’d like to give this unit a try in my Camry LE if it works well.
Yeah, no issues at all. Up to about 18k miles now. Throttle response feels very linear, transmission has settled nicely, no complaints :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be afraid that connecting such a generic product like these controllers into the electronics of a new car has the potential for disaster. What if it malfunctions... couldn't it cause major problems with the car's electronics and computer systems? I doubt whether you'd be able to get such potential issues taken care of under the car's warranty. I'd welcome other's thoughts on this, TIA!

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE V6
10 Posts
I just installed one in my 2019 XSE V6 and went for a hour long ride. Boy what a difference. Coming from a K-tuned Accord V6 it's nice to have some throttle response back. So far "City +2" feels like a nice setting and it really comes alive when I put the car itself into Sport mode.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just installed one in my 2019 XSE V6 and went for a hour long ride. Boy what a difference. Coming from a K-tuned Accord V6 it's nice to have some throttle response back. So far "City +2" feels like a nice setting and it really comes alive when I put the car itself into Sport mode.
Which brand/model did you install, the Pedal Commander, Eittar, or another brand? TIA

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE V6
10 Posts
I used to push "Sport" every time I got in the car. Now with the PC I don't have to because the throttle response is a lot smoother. With the Pedal Commander I feel I can get up to speed much faster without the heavy steering feel of the car's sport mode

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
159 Posts
This product is made in Turkey and i have a friend that will be bringing the model from there for $200. Let me know in PM if anyone interested. I think they sell it for $300 here.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts