Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you’re interested in OVtune, shoot Mat an email and let him know. I emailed him back in February about a tune for the v6 Camry (since the tune is the same for the engine as the Tacoma it wouldn’t be hard for him to do) and he said while they did have plans to do a tune for v6 Camry owners, it wasn’t high on his list as there had not been much demand for one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you can see differences between sprint booster and pedal commander. its preference. i just picked sprint booster v3 because it was 30$ cheaper where i got it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just FYI pedal commander is 10% off through tomorrow with free 2 day shipping. Coupon code primeday10. Just ordered mine and can’t wait to set it up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just traded my Camry for a RAV4 today and removed the pedal commander. If interested, I will sell it for $200 Send me pm if interested.

Ian B

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just FYI pedal commander is 10% off through tomorrow with free 2 day shipping. Coupon code primeday10. Just ordered mine and can’t wait to set it up.
Through Amazon I assume? If so which vendor as I can't find a place to put the coupon code in?
Sorry, I should have mentioned it’s through pedal commander, so just go to their site, pedalcommander.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel stupid asking this as I have been wrenching on cars for years but....received the PC55 tonight, unplugged the stock plug from the gas pedal, plugged the pigtail from the PC onto the gas pedal, plugged the stock gas pedal plug into the second pigtail on the PC and turned the car on and received a check engine light, ICS failure, traction control off, etc....do I have it set up correctly? I made sure the car was off for at least 5 mins before installing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I feel stupid asking this as I have been wrenching on cars for years but....received the PC55 tonight, unplugged the stock plug from the gas pedal, plugged the pigtail from the PC onto the gas pedal, plugged the stock gas pedal plug into the second pigtail on the PC and turned the car on and received a check engine light, ICS failure, traction control off, etc....do I have it set up correctly? I made sure the car was off for at least 5 mins before installing.
==============================
Seems you did everything correct. However do you have push to start? If so, you need to leave the keys a good distance from the car for about 5-10 mins to make sure your car is not getting any power. I have seen a few YouTube videos addressing this. I hope this helps. I got mine installed fine on first try, when normally I am usually the one to get issues and having to fix problems by searching around.

EDIT: Maybe this will help, around the 4:33 mark in the video, he goes into talking about common issues some people have ran into. I hope this helps:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do have push to start; I disconnected the negative terminal and let it sit overnight, unplugged and reconnected everything this morning and it appears all is good, test drive on the way to work!

·
Registered
25 Posts
On my 29 mile commute to work I put the PC on Sport + 3 and WOW! I have been skeptical of the PC's as all my other cars have been tuned which takes care of the throttle lag but I am very impressed with the PC. Response is instantaneous and the car moves out! I will see how my mpg are affected if any, I avg 28 on combined city/highway.

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
161 Posts
Last comment was about 4 months ago. Checking to see how everyones Pedal Commanders holding up. Any failures, or does it still worth to invest 300 bux?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm also curious as to whether having such a product could create any warranty issues with Toyota when servicing, if they'd make note of it being installed, etc. I realize it can be removed but that could be a hassle to do each time you go in for any factory service.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm leaning toward the Sprint Booster V3 now after watching a couple comparison videos. Pretty much same price.... But I like the simple and smaller controller of SB. Maybe they will have a black friday sale? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last comment was about 4 months ago. Checking to see how everyones Pedal Commanders holding up. Any failures, or does it still worth to invest 300 bux?
=============
Still loving mine. In fact, I almost forgot I have it installed because it made the experience that much better driving. This is a night and day difference and def worth the money spent on it.

Side Note: So far no issues when it comes to warranty. I just disable before pulling into the bay and then re-enable it when I get my car back. No questions thus far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
GET$20OFF Takes 20 off and Free shipping.

Anyone find anything better, discount wise? Any blackfriday deals? $300 is a steep man but sounds like this is needed.

Shahhere

·
Registered
399 Posts
GET$20OFF Takes 20 off and Free shipping.

Anyone find anything better, discount wise? Any blackfriday deals? $300 is a steep man but sounds like this is needed.

Shahhere
There’s a non Bluetooth version for $200. There’s also the iDrive which does basically the same thing and I think goes for around $200.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There’s a non Bluetooth version for $200. There’s also the iDrive which does basically the same thing and I think goes for around $200.
Dont see the non BT one on their website btw. I assume BT or not once you set the preferred driving mode you are all set?

Taking it to Toyota; probably best to take it out? Does that mean i'll get a Check Engine Light?

Thanks for the replies!

Shahhere

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dont see the non BT one on their website btw. I assume BT or not once you set the preferred driving mode you are all set?

Taking it to Toyota; probably best to take it out? Does that mean i'll get a Check Engine Light?
I've never used one, but it seems pretty easy to take out before going to the dealer. I've read (here I think) that you have to have your Toyota fob far away from the vehicle during install or removal, otherwise you might get error codes.

·
Registered
Camry LE 19
161 Posts

Thanks for the replies!

Shahhere
They sell in without BT version on Ebay but since it`s an old version they don`t accept returns.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts