Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any performance enhancements for this motor? Hyperchip, different air intake etc? If so, do they help?

Also, what about a spoiler for a true red car? where do I look?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's a shame Toyota never released the 3.5L V6 in these cars.

Our cars are just too heavy and geared too tall to be performance oriented.

·
Registered
226 Posts
1mzfe can be modded easily but the new Gen solara is kind stuck there without mods, all u can do is , TRD Muffler rear SwayBar front Strut Bar, and TRD Intake. Chips won't work unless you custom Turbo it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there anyone who makes an aftermarket custom exhaust for our cars?

BTW, mine is an '07 SLE w/ the 3.3 engine.

Thanks
magnaflow exhaust is what your looking for most exhaust shops will install it it has good sound and body and is better for v 6 configurations where a flowmaster excels on v8 engines.... to sum up what i just said you wont sound like a 92 honda with a fart can exhaust you cant get the roar a v8 makes but you can give your solara a little growl im looking forward to having a magnaflow by summer will let you know how it goes beyond that im asking the same question a lot of people are for their solaras like me what can i do i have an 07 second gen 3.3 l v6 se solara i believe. what can i do with the stock engine or if i really wanna modify do i have to look for an engine swap if so has anyone done one and with what engine i wouldnt mind a bigger engine even thou it looks like i might have to redo the engine bay a little.hope i helped a little in my rambling

·
Old TN Lurker
2016 Camry
144 Posts
,??? what size how did you configure
It was a joke. If you're looking for that type of performance, a Solara may not be the car for you. The idea that Vangm so rightly points out pretty often is that, with the right knowledge, tools, and money, you can take any engine and put it in any car you want. Whether that is practical is a completely different story.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,460 Posts
It was a joke. If you're looking for that type of performance, a Solara may not be the car for you. The idea that Vangm so rightly points out pretty often is that, with the right knowledge, tools, and money, you can take any engine and put it in any car you want. Whether that is practical is a completely different story.
I would like to see a Cummin's swap though, that would be interesting to see on any Toyota whether that is a Tacoma to... a Yaris.... Of course the amount of custom metal fabrication would just be a lot.

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
789 Posts
I would like to see a Cummin's swap though, that would be interesting to see on any Toyota whether that is a Tacoma to... a Yaris...
Wayback Machine: I remember a popular mechanix photo of a Renault Dauphine where they removed the tiny 4-banger that sat in the rear, pulled the back seats, and installed a monster Corvette V-8.
I always wondered what those skinny 13" tires did when they let the clutch out. ✔ :LOL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
some start with honda civics and work up im choosing to work with what i got... was more curious if anyone had fit a sightly larger 3 liter than the 3.3 or even a smal 4 liter.... i fully understand it will not be a simple build or conventional like of i had a gt86 or a supra

·
Registered
18 Posts
i thjnk see what you all think im trying to is make a sleeper out of solara and its not that at all may i say it like this im on my second vehicle for i used to be a loyal chrysler dodge fan... till i drove one... then i found my black bess and i love her to death omg i love this car the way it handles the way it drives for my dd its amazing its a torquey little v6 camry so not much to complain about.i just wanna make it more fun i understand many dont consider it a driver car aint in truth its not and probably never will be on my paycheck but we are all here cause we love our cars so instead of telling people that there isnt a way to do it cause we dont have the old engines or cause the path isnt already beaten down.we already drive a car everyone forgot about.lets make it infamous whos with me

1 - 20 of 41 Posts