Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading these forums it seems the only way to get aftermarket suspension upgrades is to trade the hl in on something else. One guy stated that he traded to jeep and was now in aftermarket parts heaven.

Has anyone found any company that makes performance parts for highlanders? Specifically, dual rate springs, sway bars, shocks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because some of us tow 3,000 pound trailers and the rear springs can't handle it, because in high winds at high speeds it gets squirrelly, because it can't handle quick avoidance maneuvers, because simple low speed turns it feels like a buick. Because I clearly have higher expectations of its capabilities than you do.

·
ROBinGa
20 Posts
I thought I saw that some of the Lexus models built on similar chassis to our HLs had some suspension options but not sure it will beef it up too much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I had heard rumors about the lexus having a firmer suspension. I need to get under one and count coils and measure bar diameter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To van and grease - your comments add nothing to the topic. Do you comment just to get your count up?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Although Toyota sold A LOT of these back in the 'aughts' the aftermarket is pretty much non-existent.

I drove an '04 RX330 b4 I bought my '03 HL and it was actually a softer ride than mine.

You can buy those spring helpers / boosters, supposedly to, "...increase spring height for improved weight transfer".

GL,
TD

·
Registered
526 Posts
captnic:
There are some vehicles out there that just do not lend themselves well to modification. Unfortunately the Highlander is one of them. It is made for all-weather commuting and as a sporty kid hauler and it does a very good job at that. It's not a good candidate for off-roading as it is built more like a passenger car, not robust enough, it's not a truck. It conversely is not a road car either. Too heavy. Too tall. Too ungainly.
There is a thread somewhere on TN of a guy who put taller aftermarket wheels and tires on one. Looks really rather cool with bigger wheels. Doesn't make it a Land Rover though.
Good Luck.....Haya.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have found one company on the planet that makes aftermarket springs for the Highlander. In Australia it is sold as the Kluger, and King Springs in the land of Oz does in fact make springs with a small lift for the Kluger. I’m considering buying them just so I can say I have a lifted Highlander but I’m hesitant about the price + shipping from Australia. Beyond that, I haven’t found anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have found one company on the planet that makes aftermarket springs for the Highlander. In Australia it is sold as the Kluger, and King Springs in the land of Oz does in fact make springs with a small lift for the Kluger. I’m considering buying them just so I can say I have a lifted Highlander but I’m hesitant about the price + shipping from Australia. Beyond that, I haven’t found anything

You can buy via Ebay. Let us know if they work fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts