Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Morel's :lol:

But neither is gonna work in the factory tweeter opening, and there's no room at all behind the factory kicks.

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well friggin A. I want to do front and rears (for surround sound). What should I put in the rear fills? Front Fills? Where should I put Tweets? I'm so confuzzled Cam

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
LiquidClen said:
Well friggin A. I want to do front and rears (for surround sound). What should I put in the rear fills? Front Fills? Where should I put Tweets? I'm so confuzzled Cam

You can't do surround and run an active front setup with the H701. It's either one or the other.

I'd still say go active and screw the rear fill. How often are you going to be watching a movie and driving, and then listening for those certain surround cues? If it was a family sedan or suburban, then I can see it, but not in our trucks, unless you're really serious about 5.1. Then just get a nice set of passive components and do some matching coaxials in the rear, then you also have to try to make a center channel in this truck, again, not easy(you gonna take your dash out to cut it up to make a center speaker opening?)

·
Audiophile on a budget
1,197 Posts
LiquidClen said:
Not really. Not a fan of pre-fab components and especially since you'll be getting an H701 (or so you say...)

If you want a simple 2-way setup, the Seas CA18, L18, G18 will all work very well and at a price that will hardly break your bank.

Also, look towards Dayton's Reference lineup -- as well as their debucked in-car lineup coming soon sometime shortly after the New Year. Dayton RS150s or RS180s paired with their Reference tweeter is a very affordable combo and has potential to rival even some of the upper echelon offerings from Seas, Dynaudio, Rainbow, .... even MMATS (hahaha)!

Or you could always buy my Alpine's if you want to go 3-way.

Just out've curiosity -- are you ready to actually purchase stuff or are you simply pricing things out?

·
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Semi ready to purchase. Some I'm getting for Christmas, and I'm selling all my other stuff. Still acquiring all the money

·
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You think that after Christmas comes around that alot of Audio prices will drop?

·
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dammit. TakeABao - I just purchased some Peerless Mids. Figured I would tell you since you were beginning to doubt my audio credibility

1 - 12 of 12 Posts