Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best iPhone holder/charger for my 2012 Sequoia Limited?
I tried one that clips into the vent but it is worthless.
Maybe one that goes into the CD slot?
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah air vent, cup holder are worthless. Why so? IMO because the display is not optimal for a driver "eyeheight" (eyes must move down significantly not allowing peripheral road views - super dangerous!).

So I use these: https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Dashboa...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

They allow you to place the phone on the left hand side up against edge of windshield at "eye level" so you see/use the phone out of the corner of your eye, never losing peripheral vision of the road, far safer - should be the standard taught at driver schools, again IMO.

Luck and enjoy your Toyota!

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Sequoia
25 Posts
I would highly recommend the Proclip mount. They are custom mounts for individual vehicles and have custom holders although I went for the adjustable one. It’s located so you can access it easily especially if you use the Waze app. Not cheap about $79. Mine is a 2012 Plat Sequoia for reference. The mount is rock solid.
Vehicle Car Toyota

·
Registered
185 Posts
Too low for my peripheral (meaning I don't like looking away from front windshield view), can it be mounted higher? : ^ )

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Sequoia
25 Posts
No that’s the spot it has to go. If you go to proclipusa.com and plug in your model it might show a better picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would highly recommend the Proclip mount. They are custom mounts for individual vehicles and have custom holders although I went for the adjustable one. It’s located so you can access it easily especially if you use the Waze app. Not cheap about $79. Mine is a 2012 Plat Sequoia for reference. The mount is rock solid.
View attachment 288344
I went to proclip and the models they have available aren't this one. Can you link me to this one?

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Sequoia
25 Posts
I went to proclip and the models they have available aren't this one. Can you link me to this one?
Just went to proclipusa they still have it 854024 center dash mount 2012 Toyota Sequoia
If you have iPhone You have to add either adjustable 511165 for iPhone 6S or 511166 for newer iPhone 8 iPhone 7 and iPhone 6s (won’t fit + versions) the reason I like this center mount is that it is below dash a bit so cops can’t see the screen. Once phone is in mount the top edge of my iPhone 6S is 3” below dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts