Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
My adaptation (Corolla Touring Sports Hybrid)

Sadly this doesn't work on North American models as we don't have the smooth extension of the back of the infotainment unit (I tried :( ). Mine ends at the edge of the dash so if I was to add something like this would need a smooth pad added or glued to the dash so the suction cup can stick...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sadly this doesn't work on North American models as we don't have the smooth extension of the back of the infotainment unit (I tried :( ). Mine ends at the edge of the dash so if I was to add something like this would need a smooth pad added or glued to the dash so the suction cup can stick...
True, that smooth extension of the back of the infotainment come on JBL audio system only. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 SE CVT
57 Posts
I don’t really see why anyone would want to mount a phone. The car itself sports a nice large screen for displaying caller info, has voice command capability, and hands-free talking.
For the sake of safety no other activities with the phone itself should be performed.

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Hybrid
210 Posts
I don’t really see why anyone would want to mount a phone....
I agree. But the alternative - say Thanos snaps fingers and ALL mounts disappear - people will be frigging holding their f**king phones in hands and do their shit and crashes will skyrocket and Thanos shall be happy with the population reduction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some people also drive uber and need the phone visible at all times or in my case hate scout GPS and are trying to find solutions until we get android audio

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just ordered the ProClips plate. They tell me that it's back-ordered, so I'm not sure when I will actually receive it.

I cheaped out by now buying the "cradle". I am planning on modifying a vent clip model that I currently have. I have glued and screwed
a flat piece of plastic to the "ball joint" on the cradle. I am planning on screwing this flat piece to the ProClip. We will see how it goes.

Exco

·
Registered
14 Posts
What about this option for those with metal fabrication skills/tools?

Could block the heated seat toggle switches though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I received my ProClip mount today. Sadly the adaptation I tried to use for the actual device holder didn't work out as planned.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, so I don't need a massive sized device holder. I went with this one from iBolt on Amazon.
It specifically states that it can be used with a ProClip mount, so we will see. I will update after I receive it early next week.

The ProClip took me about 3 minutes to install it, and that included going back into the house to grab the included screws that hold the two parts together.

Exco

·
Registered
34 Posts
It specifically states that it can be used with a ProClip mount, so we will see.
It uses the standard AMPS mounting pattern with the 4 screws, just like my Arkon one as shown above. You just have to drill through the ProClip plates.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts