Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been trying to decide how to get my paint done on my DD, so I've been playing around with pictures using GIMP. The car isn't mine, just a 96 from google images, but let me know what you think of it. Is it too much, or classy?

before:

after:

EDIT: just remembered that I forgot to add rotors to it, just imagine those are there :D

EDIT: list of colors;

Carbon metallic

Flaky green

Stormy

Creamy

Fireball over BC25

Militant

Gambler

Black on Militant

Militant on Black

Candy on Black

Silver on Carbon

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Not for me, although I like subtle two tones....

Maybe add a shark fin to roof? :dunno:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Lose the spikes. If you want two tone, take a look at where the line is drawn on the 1996 Collector's edition. That one is too high on the body.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My first thought was like a super green, green.

(A little too green in my oppinion)

I kind of want something that stands out. After the work is done to it, it won't be a DD anymore, just something to go to local car shows with, there are way too many mediocre muscle cars at the shows around here, and only a few of them have had some real time put into them.

Any other ideas on something that doesn't look like stock paint, but isn't on the wrong side of the ricey line? It's hard with the camry, Toyota took almost all the colors that looks good on them, and there aren't really any good lines to do a two tone without it looking ricey, or like an outback.

What color would you have yours?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Alright, the two tone is nice if you lower the line, pick a better combo and lose the spikes. Don't add the TRD badge...unless you have something to back it up.

But the wheels and drop = yes.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
^ Meh. Classy, But I prefer it lower.

GOD NO on that green.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, the two tone is nice if you lower the line, pick a better combo and lose the spikes. Don't add the TRD badge...unless you have something to back it up.

But the wheels and drop = yes.
Glad that you like the wheels and drop, because it's already been done to the car. They aren't those exact wheels, but very close, mine are five bolt, instead of the multi pattern on those, and they are 16" the pic is more like 17's

Or, too low

See now that doesn't look bad, not a fan of the lip, but idk. I'll make like 20 different paint schemes this weekend and we can have a poll.

·
Registered
Camry 1996 V6 LE
1,128 Posts
Would be interesting to look at, I am also thinking about custom paint.... And the base color is the same as yours.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would be interesting to look at, I am also thinking about custom paint.... And the base color is the same as yours.
My car is actually a green, but i'm stripping the whole thing before it gets painted, not painting over the old. The pic I desaturated before coloring so it was a white base.

Do you have any ideas for your paint? I'll make up some pictures for yours at the same time. I haven't tried messing with different flakes in gimp yet so i'm not sure if I can do that yet.

·
Registered
Camry 1996 V6 LE
1,128 Posts
I was thinking also about two tone paint, but like LynchburgCSI said, I was thinking about Collector's edition style:

However, I don't like white top much.....

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
i like the grey top separated by a thin white strip personally, especially if you did it in just a gloss, no metalic crap. the spikes are too much though. personally, i dislike the look of the collectors serries 2 tone. it doesnt fallow the lines of the car...just the bumpers. it hurts the flow of the belt line like that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok, I'm going to start posting some more colors, hopefully better ones. I think that I've given up on a good looking two-tone, but I might post some anyways. I know that I've forgotten the rotors again, I'll be adding them soon. These ones are with the same rims that are on the car.

I'm going to be keeping them in a list in the first post to make it easy to keep track of them.

(I'm just making up the color names as I go)

Carbon metallic

Ricer green

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
No ricer green. The dark gray I like.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts