Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas -- im trying to figure out if i want to these wheels. I feel like the combo of a mesh wheel, with a polished lip will portray too sporty of a look. Im also afraid that with the lip it will take away from the appearance of being a 19" wheel. Not to mention the style is somewhat dated, with the new trends being full face wheels out to the edge of the rim.

Im really at a crossroads here, Ive tried the "heavy" wheel route and the car handled and rode like garbage.

My racing hart C4s are about 24lbs a peice which is on the lighter side of a 19" wheel. If they look good great, but currently no tires and dont want to purchase them if they end up looking like shit.

heres a pic i pulled from the picture thread, if the owner of the picture minds that I used it please let me know. the owners got 18s on here and a drop that I would most likely go for. the rims Im looking to put on are 19" so just a bit bigger as far as scaling.

and heres a pic of the rims in question: Racing Hart C4
https://www.google.com/search?q=rac...SSYKHUHdAqgQ_AUICSgC&biw=1280&bih=845#imgrc=_

Ive tried to photoshop these one, but my amateur skills dont allow me to really visualize it without being a chop.

Attachments

· Honda-Tech White Ops
1,868 Posts
The new trends arent full face wheel to the edge of the wheel.. Thats called a "factory look" and has been around for decades..

Even OEM RWD cars and surprisingly trucks are sporting this old fad. (not to mention black wheels which are soo played)

but I like those wheels your looking at.. nice little lip on them

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The new trends arent full face wheel to the edge of the wheel.. Thats called a "factory look" and has been around for decades..

Even OEM RWD cars and surprisingly trucks are sporting this old fad. (not to mention black wheels which are soo played)

but I like those wheels your looking at.. nice little lip on them
I was not aware the look had a name, but it is a trend... ten years ago HRE "factory look" wheels werent showing up on anyones BMW. Everybody and their mother wanted a polished lip 3 peice wheel.

Even HRE, (among other manufacturers) in addition to their one peice wheels are now making there 3 peice wheels with the center face extending to the edge of the lip in a majority of their 3 peice designs. Something definately not seen 10 years ago.

They might have been around for decades, but that doesnt mean they were the trend for decades. For lack of a better example, Bowties and plaid have been around for centuries?, but the geek look has only recently come back into style (if its not completely gone already)... need i even mention beards?

And yeah personally i never got into the black wheel thing, or even the machined face/black accent thing going on.

Ive always like the factory look, as IMO it makes the wheel look bigger without a thick lip takong up space.. thus my 19s look like 18s where as "factory look" look like 19s or bigger... 2016 accord sport wheels look perfect on that car even if they have black accents.

Ive got two different sets of C4s from a previous car i had.... 10 years ago.... and just trying to envision how they might look in the current era where "factory look" is now common place over a deep polished lip.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did up a quick shop of the image.
Always been a fan of C4's. Think it will look good.
Thanks bud.. thats exactly what i was looking for... doesnt look bad, just not sure its what im shooting for..

Nevertheless, i think i will go ahead and order up some tires for them and see how they fit with the car.

I was never really feeling the polished center cap with the painted face, so i may need to do something about that.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to FasSigns and got some vinyl and covered my centercaps. Mine were black on silver wheels.
So thats crossed my mind, i was thinking about some type of chrome/machined look vinyl and doing the whole face of the wheel. Not sure i have the skill to pull it off.

Otherwise i may just try and have some paint matched the factory silver color. Or plastidip the face and centercap. Ive got some time to experiment. Winter will be here soon.

I had one set painted grey way back. It looked good back then, but my tastes have changed since then. The second set i have are just the factory silver.

Will check out fassigns.. thanks...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.