Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Toyota Camry LE
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm thinking of adding a front cover bra to protect my '97 Gen 4 Camry from road debris. Can anyone recommend any good ones? I'm thinking of buying a Debra off of Ebay for $64 total with shipping. And does anyone have any pictures of what it will look like on my baby? I've googled it and only gotten back thumb nail size pics.

Thanks a ton!
Lee in Ohio

·
Registered
2000 Camry
220 Posts
I bought the Toyota Front End Mask and put it on my Grey (Antique sage pearl) 2000 camry. Trying to prevent further stone chips and such.

I've got the black halo lights, and fog lights now. I could take a picture if you would like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2000 Camry
220 Posts
Lets try these. Not bad for a 9 year old car. I also really cleaned it up last weekend and spent time getting the corrosion off of the rims.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
"I also really cleaned it up last weekend and spent time getting the corrosion off of the rims."

What did you do to get the corrosion off the rims?

Mike

·
Registered
2000 Camry
220 Posts
I scraped away the bad clear coat with a utility knife, and then scrubbed away at the corrosion with WD40 and steel wool. It takes time, but works pretty good.

I've tried mothers aluminum polish and rubbing compound. They work a bit, but in order to keep those lines in the rims, I found the WD40 and steel wool to work the best.

·
Registered
2000 Camry
220 Posts
I do not bother to put them on, they trap moisture(rust)
There is very little metal that the front end mask covers. The piece on the hood and the far edges of the lower piece where it snaps on under the wheels. Most of it covers the plastic of your bumper.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota Camry LE
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skuttduck, thanks for those pics. Your car looks like it's in great shape. Here in Ohio we have this lame law that requires us to display a front license plate. Will this cover allow me to display my plate?

·
Registered
2000 Camry
220 Posts
skuttduck, thanks for those pics. Your car looks like it's in great shape. Here in Ohio we have this lame law that requires us to display a front license plate. Will this cover allow me to display my plate?
I didn't realize until you asked this that the photos don't show the front flap that well. Look carefully in the first photo and you should see the two lines for the front flap that you cut so you can fasten the front plate.

I didn't realize how well my car really was until I took the time to totally clean and detail it. It's only got 75,000 miles on it, and I mostly drive it to and from work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts