Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2.0ZX Driver
SV21 2.0ZX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i'd share some pics of my latest aquisition; a 1992 Toyota Camry 2.0ZX Sedan, imported from japan.

Has a few goodies on it; power windows and mirrors (with electric fold-in), foot brake (rather than hand brake),head light with integreated fog light, two stage opening centre console and electric rear window venetian blind.

^bit hard to see; but you can probarbly make out the rear window venetian blind...

^The little lights on the top of this panel are fibre optic lights that light towards you when your head lights are on; showing you where the front of your car is in the dark. Also when your headlights are on and you have an indicator on, theres a light in the corner light that lights up the direction that you are going to turn in.

^interior pic from when I got it (grandpa fluffy wheel cover is GONE.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note; does anybody know what the "manu" button does? As far as I'm aware it stands for 'manual'; but how is it used? (I know that "PWR" is "Power")

·
セクシーの定&#
Camry Touring
891 Posts
o.m.g. That is so SICK!!!! I want one!!!!!! Spesh the venetian blind on the rear and the lights at the front.

Is your 'handbrake' like the ones on ute's where it's under the steering column and you pull it?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Dude whaaattt....the power folding mirrors are baller! haha. Are the venetian blinds a stock option? Can you take pictures of the switches to activate the mirrors and blinds, plus a picture of how the fiber optic lights work?

·
2.0ZX Driver
SV21 2.0ZX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
o.m.g. That is so SICK!!!! I want one!!!!!! Spesh the venetian blind on the rear and the lights at the front.

Is your 'handbrake' like the ones on ute's where it's under the steering column and you pull it?
There is a lever, you pull it and theres a pedal next to the brake pedal that springs forward...then when you wnat to apply the handbrake, you simply push the pedal in. If you look closely at the pic where I show the pedals you can see it. (see pic at bottom of post)

Thanks for the share.... nice ride!!
Thanks a lot!

Dude whaaattt....the power folding mirrors are baller! haha. Are the venetian blinds a stock option? Can you take pictures of the switches to activate the mirrors and blinds, plus a picture of how the fiber optic lights work?
This picture shows both the 'handbrake release' lever and the switch for the blind. The blind is a factory fitted option :D (I will take a pic of the mirror switch tomorrow and I will take a pic of the fibre optic lights when I have the battery re-connected on the car.)

·
Registered
1990 Camry Deluxe
241 Posts
Whoa that's nice! Why does Japan get all the nice stuff?!

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
My friend, that is the sickest-ass Camry I have seen in a long time. I'm speechless. And really, really jealous. :smokin:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very nice man JDM = baller, really like the rear blinds and power folding mirrors and integrated fogs and front bumper and just like the car as a whole lol, now how about a couple more pics of the car all around like the rear and some shots from the side:thumbsup:. How'd you happen across this? And what your plans for her? Again very nice man

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
damn why do the japanese always have to make the american version so different!!! lolz

i think the manual/power switch is like the ECT..not sure.. if you have the stock manual for the car it can tell you what it is and what its used for...

love the rear blind vents!!! but i want to know if they are on th outside or inside.. just wondering...

·
2.0ZX Driver
SV21 2.0ZX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa that's nice! Why does Japan get all the nice stuff?!
I have no idea...im just glad I have the nice stuff now :D...it's not all bad though, you guys got the All-Trac...we didnt get those here :(

My friend, that is the sickest-ass Camry I have seen in a long time. I'm speechless. And really, really jealous. :smokin:
Thanks a lot! It's a lot better in person...but theres still a fair bit of work to be done to it :)

Very nice man JDM = baller, really like the rear blinds and power folding mirrors and integrated fogs and front bumper and just like the car as a whole lol, now how about a couple more pics of the car all around like the rear and some shots from the side:thumbsup:. How'd you happen across this? And what your plans for her? Again very nice man
More pics; SURE!

^Flippy keyhole thing on the boot...awesome fun (pardon the rust)

My uncle had it imported into australia around 2000...and i got it off him recently. In terms of plans for the car; theres some work needed to be done...small oil leak (which is currently being fixed), left CV joint boot is split and there is some rust in the boot/trunk area, which will be attended to very soon. The clear coat on the paint is also peeling off, mainly around the doors and the roof so I will have to get that fixed eventually. The dashboard has an area that has lifted up and deformed and a fair bit of discoloration/sun fade (same for the back of the rear seat headrests); but apart from these fixes that I will have to do; I will also fit a decent sound system.

^if you look closely; right next to the instrument cluster there is an area of the top of the dashboard that has lifted up (the seatbelt on the left side of the image runs right through the middle of it)

damn why do the japanese always have to make the american version so different!!! lolz

i think the manual/power switch is like the ECT..not sure.. if you have the stock manual for the car it can tell you what it is and what its used for...

love the rear blind vents!!! but i want to know if they are on th outside or inside.. just wondering...
I do not have the stock manual for the car and even if I did have it, it would be in japanese haha :p (i have a manual for my other SV21 wagon [australian market version] so I will have a look through that)

The rear blind is on the inside of the car; it really helps with excessive sunlight :D

·
Registered
91 CAMRY 91 INTEGRA
326 Posts
haha yeah true it would be in he in japanese lolz...

icic thats cool im pretty sure it would help with the glare of the sun..

hmm i noticed that you said you guys dont have an all trac version over there... its a nice car i can say.. i dont own one but ive seen a few.. i would think they would have them where your @ cuz i can imagine the terrain over there is rough and a 4x4 car/suv is a must in some cases...

·
2.0ZX Driver
SV21 2.0ZX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha yeah true it would be in he in japanese lolz...

icic thats cool im pretty sure it would help with the glare of the sun..

hmm i noticed that you said you guys dont have an all trac version over there... its a nice car i can say.. i dont own one but ive seen a few.. i would think they would have them where your @ cuz i can imagine the terrain over there is rough and a 4x4 car/suv is a must in some cases...
The terrain here isnt rough really...everybody drives there camry's on suburban city streets; the only time that you really get rough terrain is in the country areas where gravel roads are everywhere; 4x4's are not really a must here; unless you work in the farming/agricultural areas or in the desert areas (people still drive 4x4's on normal city streets and people get annoyed)

·
You knew what this was.
265 Posts
Beautiful car man and I bet its pretty rare also !!
How many kilometers/miles are on it ?

·
Registered
91 Camry V6 LE
361 Posts
wow ive never seen a camry like that b4 with all those different buttons and brakes release stuff, awesome.

·
2.0ZX Driver
SV21 2.0ZX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beautiful car man and I bet its pretty rare also !!
How many kilometers/miles are on it ?
It is actually fairly rare; i've only seen one other car like mine driving around here. The car has 189,500 km's on it.

wow ive never seen a camry like that b4 with all those different buttons and brakes release stuff, awesome.
Yeah; this car is totally different to my other australian market camry...going between both cars; you can actually feel that you are in a totally different car (in terms of quality) when you get into the japanese one :D

your car is so JDM the tach in ont he other side lolz
HAHA! I find it weird how your tach is on the other side...but I think it's kinda cool :p

·
Registered
Camry
629 Posts
ok you just gave me a few parts to ask my importer for. Power folding mirrors and power rear blinds. And the guys at vipstyle cars tell me that camry wasn't luxury.lol I don't see no LS400's with power rear blinds.lol

How exactly is that power blind unit. Can it be removed from the car or will it have to be damaged to be removed? Can you put up more pics ofthat as well as the switches for it. Pictures of the switches for the mirrors as well please. Damn I can't wait to order these parts....

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
lol power mirrors are not worth the trouble.. shit i have em... 3 yrs later i still can't figure out how it works...

·
Registered
263 Posts
where are you guys finding these parts from? I've been looking for years for JDM 2nd gen parts? The only real thing I've been able to find is a EDM steering wheel.

·
2.0ZX Driver
SV21 2.0ZX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok you just gave me a few parts to ask my importer for. Power folding mirrors and power rear blinds. And the guys at vipstyle cars tell me that camry wasn't luxury.lol I don't see no LS400's with power rear blinds.lol

How exactly is that power blind unit. Can it be removed from the car or will it have to be damaged to be removed? Can you put up more pics ofthat as well as the switches for it. Pictures of the switches for the mirrors as well please. Damn I can't wait to order these parts....

^Pic of Blind switch

^Pic of Mirros switch (sorry about quality; took it with my phone...the flash covered the text; it reads "Mirror Retract")

As for the power blind unit; it is connected to both the parcel shelf and the head lining; I believe the cabling for it runs through the head lining.

^view of parcel shelf (bottom left corner is speaker cover)

^Blind attached to head lining (I believe the cabling runs through the headlining)

There is one feature on my car that is missing; went to the car wreckers a while back; saw a JDM camry, but a different spec level to mine; had different texture fabric on the seats, no blind; but it had an 'air purifier'...basically its a vent between the two speakers on the parcel shelf and the purifier unit is on the underside of the parcel shelf...wanted to get it; but had no money on me at the times; and when I went back to get it; the car was no longer there :(

lol power mirrors are not worth the trouble.. shit i have em... 3 yrs later i still can't figure out how it works...
Do your power mirrors fold in like mine? There pretty self-explanitory I guess...if your switch is like mine (see above picture), you move the little bar to either the Left 'L' or the Right 'R' and then press the square surrounding it either up, down, left or right to adjust the mirror. The 'Mirror retract' button folds them in and out. :)

where are you guys finding these parts from? I've been looking for years for JDM 2nd gen parts? The only real thing I've been able to find is a EDM steering wheel.
Parts for me are hard to come by...the air purifier I want to get, so that my car is fully optioned (although its missing a sunroof [dont want to install an aftermarket one, or butcher my roof for that matter]...and was cruise control an option on the camry's in the USA?)

What do the EDM steering wheels look like?

I need to get a new dashboard, because it had been sitting in sun, direct sunlight caused the dashboard to fade and discolour on the top and a small part of it in the middle to lift up and distort so it cant simply be pushed back in.

^SEE! I WANT THIS FIXED :p

·
Registered
Camry
629 Posts
U are the frickin best man. This will make it much easier to order. If you can find pics of the purifier that would be the shiznit but I could always install an after market purifier there no biggie. But anyways thanks a ton for the pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts