Toyota Nation Forum banner

Pics of my best mod yet!!! DIY added on page 2

114700 Views 294 Replies 81 Participants Last post by  WesK711
Steering wheel LED swap... Radio swap on page 6!!

So I got my LED's in the mail and completed my small project in about an hour... enjoy...

It's a lot bluer than the pics,

I took enough pics for a DIY if you guys want me to... and I have plenty of LEDs if ppl want them... bought a 50 pack, but you only need 5 if you have an SE with bluetooth, don't know about LE/XLE's

I'll get night shots when it gets dark :)
121 - 140 of 295 Posts

· Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
maybe if someone sent me the leds :)
along witht he tails !!!
i would join the list .....

blue controls on the hvac and the steering wheel would work nicely .... maybe i will even do the shifter assembly as well.... :naughty:
I know I know... you don't need to rub it in... hahaha... I was busy last weekend... hopefully not this weekend and hopefully i'll remember this thread

· ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,532 Posts
I wonder if the Navigation unit uses the same Green caps on Blue LEDs?

· Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
lol o well i'll just put them in storage for future projects. ^everone is lazy. tats probably y.

n one question for the steerin wheel leds. i can't find the 2500mcd but i can find 500mcd one for blue. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50p-1206-SMD-SMT-SUPER-BRIGHT-BLUE-LED-500mcd_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQihZ024QQitemZ370005107643QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

where can i get the 1206 blue 2500mcd ones, bc urs turned out nicely.
500mcd is way bright enough... and I believe that the 2500mcd is just a scheme to sell the LEDs faster...

· Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Cool. I'm in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area. Easy to catch up to the Silver Spring area.
Cool... we can meet up sometime after I finish the long project of mine... I'm waiting for my last 3 LED's to complete the dash swap...

I wonder if the Navigation unit uses the same Green caps on Blue LEDs?
Most definitely yes...

· Certified Member
218 Posts
haha i believe soo too bc i was unable to find any so i jux ordered 500mcd. its all good. i jux hope it matches the blue from the stero. oh by the way. netforcer are the gauge leds PLCC's 2?

· Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
haha i believe soo too bc i was unable to find any so i jux ordered 500mcd. its all good. i jux hope it matches the blue from the stero. oh by the way. netforcer are the gauge leds PLCC's 2?
Do you have an SE? I know LEs and XLEs have PLCC-2... so most likely SE does too

· Registered
3 Posts
Damn

I wish I had the resources to do this. I hate to pay some car shop to do it but sadly it looks like it's going that way because I want, no, I NEED the steering wheel and HVAC swapped! NEED IT!!!!!!! Anyone in Northern Cali or the Bay Area know how to do this? lol. F it, I'm moving to Maryland

· Here and there...
Camry 07
5,866 Posts
I wish I had the resources to do this. I hate to pay some car shop to do it but sadly it looks like it's going that way because I want, no, I NEED the steering wheel and HVAC swapped! NEED IT!!!!!!! Anyone in Northern Cali or the Bay Area know how to do this? lol. F it, I'm moving to Maryland
+1 I'm moving to MD too.

just kidding!!!

· Certified Member
218 Posts
Wanna attempt it before me?
haha yeah i'll be giving it a try nxt weekend or whenever the leds come in. if i succeed, i'll put up pics and show you how its done, jux for you netforcer, since you helped me out a lot. well if you can't wait till then, you can show me ha.

· Registered
107 Posts
i just discovered that for my 08 I4 LE, the leds in the steering wheel control are PLCC-2. I didnt know that so after i soldered the 1206 smd leds, it didnt work, so i went up here and checked out the PLCC-2 and voila, look the same like the one in my circuit board, so now i have 47 blue 1206 SMD leds that i dont need, anyone want to trade for some blue PLCC-2?

· Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Netforcer, can you kindly brief me on how to get to the leds in the radio faceplate?
I took out the whole unit, but i still cant figure how to get inside to the leds.
Thanks alot!
I don't know how far along you are... if you can provide pics I can guide you... did you remove the faceplate?

121 - 140 of 295 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.