Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i finally got pics of the exterior. no motor pics yet till it's done and in the car.

and now, for those who have never seen her, she started life with me like this:

please excuse me if the pic decides to die since it's cardomain.

so what does she look like now?

and here's a shot of the rear...

i'm pretty much done on the exterior of the car...i have a few little detail-involved things yet to do, but once those are finished my only other concern is the motor and tranny actually going IN the car.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

as far as the engine question...2ZZ-GE. why go 20v when i can have more power?:D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
custon built one here...but yeah, i know. problem is that motor's compression is so high it's not safe to run boost on it stock.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
So swap in some low compression forged pistons from Wiseco and some Eagle connecting rods. :D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh...hun...don't worry. the comp has already been lowered to 9.4:1...the motor's already had a turbo on it before. i was making a more broad statement should someone see this post and think "gee, i could do that" - i want them to realize it's not all bolt-on stuff. i.e. the motor won't fit without a lot of work, but the transmission should go in a lot easier. axles need to be swapped out to beefier ones, and the frame needs strengthening. etc, etc, etc.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha...i know. i love reading posts saying "i'm gonna throw a turbo on the car"

er....riiiiiiiiight...:rolleyes:

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Sweet.

I see you have the TRD lip spoiler (love that look) and rear pieces, but are those TRD side skirts?

My main question though is what kind of front lip do you have? It looks nice how it goes all the way across unlike the two piece TRD..

Or am I just tripping and its a full TRD kit?:confused: :lol:

So you are dropping a Turbo 2ZZ in there and the six-speed?:eek:

That's fucking sick much props to you:respect:

Is there anyone else with a 2zz-ge in a Gen8 besides supershyguy?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
hahaha...i know. i love reading posts saying "i'm gonna throw a turbo on the car"
haha, yeah we get that all the time in irc. Best ones are also "I want to install a turbo, what are low compression pistons, what is an intercooler, etc" if you gotta ask what those are, better not install that turbo after all. Might end up living longer :D
Heck if we go by the book, n2o aka nitrous oxide isnt exactly a bolt on either. :rolleyes:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris - the full front lip is the same one Pete(supershyguy) sells...it's fiberglass. the rest of the kit is TRD. i have the front lips at home, painted, just in case that one breaks...and i figure that'll be my summer lip.

there is at least one other gen 8 corolla with a 2ZZ in it...but it's out of Florida, and i think it's owned by a shop. i've yet to talk to the shop(despite phone calls and emails) to get info...and Pete has been less than forthcoming about information dealing with his swap. no matter, i'll forge ahead and do it myself instead of some random shop doing it, and i'll do it for a HELL of a lot less money :D

aaaaaaanyway, thanks.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i can't take full credit for the hood...it's Toyrolla's hood that i swapped for my stock hood - he's since modified it.

it's a full carbonfiber hood with color coded partial paint. weighs a whopping 12 pounds.

as far as other pics go...that's all i've got right now. my camera's being retarded and won't let me download the pics to my computer.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
actually you could run a mild 5-7psi on a supercharger/turbo setup on even the higher stock compression so long as you use an i/c
with an 11.5:1 compression ratio? I dont think so. Plus the internals are as far as I remember, aluminum = not so good idea with that high compression. 4A-F(e) with a 9.5:1 ratio, plus the narrow head (which increases knock resistance), can run about 5-10psi safely without much mods. I wouldnt be doing that with a 2ZZ-GE without new pistons atleast and sorted out fuel delivery.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts