Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, this weekend i worked on getting my interior all fixed up with all kinds of goodies & decided to share it with everyone here. i rarely post photos but with the amount of work it took it was well worth it (sorry if the photos are big) my husband really helped a lot getting everything taken apart in the interior & helping me do the wiring :)

i got all the bulbs out & painted red with testors transparent candy apple red so now everything lights up red at nite :D

i also got some little 4" neon tubes to make the footwells light up red with a switch that controls both mounted in my coin holder. i know some of ya'll think neon is rice or whatever but this is the only neon my car has/will have, just an interior accent that i think looks pretty cool & nice :D

here are pics of how the switch was wired and installed:

these pics were taken at nite, with & without a flash so you can see the neon & all red instrument panels first from the drivers side, then the passenger side :)

this is a pic i took outside of my healdights lit up that turned out really cool...i have sylvania cool blues & just bought the sylvania silverstars amber corner bulbs that are nice & bright :cool:

Keri

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
i really like the way that interior looks! ive been saying for a long time that im going to change out all my interior lights to red... nice job with the neon install too- the neon tubes are hidden well! :thumbup:

jon

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
keri - the force is with you:thumbup:

i really dig what you have done, i am glad i got to see some pics of the cam:)

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
wow, thats pretty hot looking. i am another person who has been planning to change all my interior lights to red, hopefully you will inspire us all to complete our plans,

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I love it! (as I told you earlier)

Can't wait to see the trim! Ooops! Did I let that out? :p:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice Job- Im more of a blue person myself, but after seeing how you installed the red, I might covnert... Never the less, I have blue neons installed underneath the driver and passanger seat that are pretty nice. I found by installing them under the seat, you glow the front and the back at the same time.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the nice compliments everyone :)

YounginDrivein: blue neons are great too, my hubby will be installing those in his teg, his car is white and his color theme is blue. since my car is called Darth Maul its gotta be strictly black & red :D as far as the neon under the seat that is also cool, but i just wanted the footwells to light up :)

i will post some day-time glamour shots of the interior in a couple of days with my CF accents installed :cool:

Keri

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
:eek: Wow I'm amazed that red turned out so well.:eek:

Lights in cars got to go with switches. :thumbup: :cool:

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Very nice job. ^when I did my clock all I did was use a sharpie and it came out good.

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Looks nice.. I've been contemplating on doing that but was'nt exactly sure where to mount them... I'll be doing blue though (Fav. Color)

·
nub
313 Posts
looks very nice. i've got green in mine. i put the switch in the center console change holder though so its a little bit more green light exposed:)

i had 12" tubes around so it was a bitch to try and hide them. the pass. is visible from the right angle.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WhiteR: the a/c climate controls were just about the hardest bulbs to get to in my gen 4...they are tiny little bulbs and just getting the climate controls out was the biggest pain in the butt. i know its different on a gen 3, but if you do it be prepared for a small battle to get it changed.

amerikim: the clock is kind of tough too, but what i did was get a piece of colored acetate from hobby lobby, colored red and cut it to the size of the clock and placed it in there. i wanted to make sure it would last since its a real pain to get to in a gen 4.

drewscam: i just cut the coinholder carefully with my dremel and cut it smaller than the size of the switch so the switch would mount up flush as it did.

thanks again for all the nice words :)

Keri

1 - 20 of 29 Posts