Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my new Tacoma....1st mod is gonna be the i-pod interface.....any suggestions on which is best?

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts

You linked the thumbnails, not the photos.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Aftermarket head unit with iPod link.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
I have the Alpine 9885 Head Unit and the iPod cable going into my glove box. I've had it for over a year and love it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with the aftermarket head unit, but that will come later for me, this is what I got for now, USA spec PA20-Toy, check ebay for the best prices, got mine for $100 with shipping. You can leave you ipod hooked up, charges and contols from you factory head unit, also displays artist name and track name. Pretty cool, I mostly use it for Pandora through my phone via the analog L/R hookups it also has.

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 tacoma sr5
94 Posts
I thought that id hold out and buy and i-pod interface and when i got mine installed i just did not like the clarity of the music even with new 6x9 in the front and a componet set of 6.5 in the rear, just didnt sound right. I went ahead and bought a new head unit and wow it was like night and day difference definantly if you going to spend money on an interface just spend it on a new head unit instead i promace you wont be sorry.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
I thought that id hold out and buy and i-pod interface and when i got mine installed i just did not like the clarity of the music even with new 6x9 in the front and a componet set of 6.5 in the rear, just didnt sound right. I went ahead and bought a new head unit and wow it was like night and day difference definantly if you going to spend money on an interface just spend it on a new head unit instead i promace you wont be sorry.
That's the problem with all of them. I would rather plug headphones into my iPhone and jam out.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
I have an aftermarket head unit (Premier) that already has a headphone jack on the back for ipods and such. Easy as pie to install. Its running the stock JBL upgrade system very well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts