·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics of my Reverse Gauges !!!

As promised....

At night....

Day time with the chrome gague rings on. Someone asked how the rings would look with reverse gagues. The Gauge are silver.

Some more with my Alpine:

FYI:

The DYI Gauge installation is incorrect. You must split the power of the 1st wire in the brown tab. Connect it to the power wire of the gagues. This way, your aftermarket gauge dimmer and your factory dimmer will both work. If you connect power with the 2nd or 3rd wire, your aftermarket dimmer and factory dimmer will fight for power and neighter will get full power, thus they will look dim.

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
looks good, actually exatly like mine, minus the park light, overdrive, pwr, break, oil, battery, seat belt, check engin and light out lights on:D makes me wanna go sit in the garage...

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
looks good

I have the same ones on my avalon, but with slight modification. I'll post pics up soon. Good work.

B

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
What about your Gauge needles. They aren't turning on.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
how long did it take for you to install it?

what was the hardest part for you ?

is it hard to see the needle at night? i can barely see them. but that might be a picture.

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It took me about 6 hours. I started at 6pm and finished at 12am. I had to finish because I needed the car the next day. It took me so long because I was removing the wood trim on the dash and I was also installing chrome bezel trim in my gauges.

The hardest part was figuring out which power source to connect the gauges to. The DIY in this forum is wrong. You connect it to the 1st wire to get power. This is the only way if you want both your stock and aftermarket dimmers to work. The needles are light, maybe my carmera just sux lol.

It should take like 3 hours if you are doing it for the 1st time. Make sure you start early in the day or it will get dark and increase the time of the install. Try spliting wires in the dark. LOL, I don't have a garage.

Good luck:thumbup:

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Looks good bro!

The guage cluster looks complex, but it really isn't. It is pretty simple to do. I just did a swap with mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tarzan said:
The hardest part was figuring out which power source to connect the gauges to. The DIY in this forum is wrong. You connect it to the 1st wire to get power. This is the only way if you want both your stock and aftermarket dimmers to work. The needles are light, maybe my carmera just sux lol.

Why didn't you just wire the the power source for the gauges to your fuse box? Much easier in my opinion, and both the stock and aftermarket dimmers work in my car. Just my .02.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Tarzan said:
It should take like 3 hours if you are doing it for the 1st time. Make sure you start early in the day or it will get dark and increase the time of the install. Try spliting wires in the dark. LOL, I don't have a garage.

do you need basic eletrical skills to split wires...cause i dont have them :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: Pics of my Reverse Gauges !!!

Tarzan said:
FYI:

The DYI Gauge installation is incorrect. You must split the power of the 1st wire in the brown tab. Connect it to the power wire of the gagues. This way, your aftermarket gauge dimmer and your factory dimmer will both work. If you connect power with the 2nd or 3rd wire, your aftermarket dimmer and factory dimmer will fight for power and neighter will get full power, thus they will look dim. [/B]
Lol what if you don't have a factory gauge dimmer:confused: I had too many neons and what not hooked up and it kinda friend:lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts