Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....if you have the time please take a look at the install I just finished on my 2001 Solara SE. I have added 2 JL 12s (W-3 DVC and W-0), 2 amps (Autotek & Lanzar), Lightening audio cap, Sony M600 CD deck, Cerwin Vega 6.5in components, and Sidewinder 6000ESP alarm. I also added 20% tint, a star-tac speakerphone, Bel radar detector, and replaced the fog and headlight bulbs. I apprecate any feedback. Thanks!

The webpage is located at:
http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=155968&make_type_query=make=Toyota&model_brand_query=model=Solara&tree=Toyota%20Solara

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Very nice and clean man... how long did it take you to do all that?

BTW fire extinguisher... you are not a Honda blow up engine all the time, man... you don't need it! Haha

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hehe he specificically said that it wasn't... in the caption.

Besides aren't N2O cans usually blue?

On 2001-09-24 10:57, Ratko wrote:
s**t

i thought that was nitrous ! ahaha

my bad.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...on the first reply....I love JL....have been running JLs for about 4 yrs now....and by far love them more then the other brands I've used (including Vega, Orion, Kicker, and MTX....gosh it never stops!) I must say though, if you really want 12s....spend alittle extra and get the W3 DVC....although it hits much harder then the W0...it still is extremely clean sounding. In turn, it actually needs no more airspace than the W0. I think when my paycheck comes in on friday...I will replace the W0 and the Lanzar amp with another W3 and Autotek 500 for the car show on sat. Gosh I love payday. Another benifit of JL...is if you have the dealer screw them into the box....they will protect it for 2 yrs. Not bad.

When it comes to the fire extinguisher....well you never know. I am pushing a good bit of power and who knows....better safe than sorry :smile: Thanks once again for the great comments.

·
There is no substitute.
7,342 Posts
I'm just wondering, what kind of music do you listen to? I got my JL 12W3 few months ago and I had loved it ever since. Henry and Phi here can prove that it's very loud! :lol:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I mostly listen to hip hop/rap. Also get into some electric/techno stuff as well. Really like groups like Tribe Called Quest...the Roots...etc. However, if I pull up to a car that looks like competition...I like to pull out a little Cash Money Millionares or a hard-bass techno group like the Crystal Method...lol. That's the great thing with JLs I think...they are flexable enough for all applications. Plus replacing the front components was key towards filling those highs. I have another amp (R.Fosgate) that I still need to install for the front components, just havent had the time to do so. I think that would really help as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts