Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this Toytec group buy going on, and I'm in on it, I was just wondering what my truck would look like if I kept the stock rims/tires. It's a TRD with the 265's so I figure it won't look that bad, but I just wanted to see some examples. I have an idea of what rims/tires I wanted, but not sure if they're right.

-Barry-

· Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
4,174 Posts
Hansmoleman has a donahoe/dakar setup but it is a 3in lift, if you search for his thread then will see pics of the lift with the stock rims and tires still on it.

edit:

here is a pic of hans lifted truck w/ stock wheels and tires.

· Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,355 Posts
Jacobi said:
With this Toytec group buy going on, and I'm in on it, I was just wondering what my truck would look like if I kept the stock rims/tires. It's a TRD with the 265's so I figure it won't look that bad, but I just wanted to see some examples. I have an idea of what rims/tires I wanted, but not sure if they're right.

-Barry-

Barry,

I'd suggest that you keep reading this forum whenever you get a chance or some spare time. you can find out almost anything you want from prior posts via the search button up there on the right. there are a few guys on here with a 3" lift and stock rims/tires... I'll be one of them really soon as I myself just bought the lift kit through the group buy. this is a great place to educate yourself on your taco's strengths and weaknesses. Keep thinking of ways to improve your tacoma and modify it to YOUR liking and make sure you share with everyone what you've done such that we can :thumbup: or :thumbdown what you've done... :D

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Planned on it eyedoc, and I usually read the first 10-20 pages of any forum that I become a member of. However, when I did a search for this (rather difficult topic to search for) I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Right now, I'm waiting on the URD Intake, it was supposed to be ready this week, but they pushed it back to next week. Oh well, it'll be here soon enough!

· Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,355 Posts
Jacobi said:
Planned on it eyedoc, and I usually read the first 10-20 pages of any forum that I become a member of. However, when I did a search for this (rather difficult topic to search for) I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Right now, I'm waiting on the URD Intake, it was supposed to be ready this week, but they pushed it back to next week. Oh well, it'll be here soon enough!

awesome..... ain't this place grand?

true, some things are difficult to search for.... for the life of me, i can't find anyone that has done the headlight mod with colormatched indigo ink pearl paint. I'm trying to get the balls to do it myself and risk it not looking good....though I'm relatively convinced it will be fine....

· My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
5,210 Posts
Lifted on stock tires and wheels looks so gay.

Just be patient and save up the money to get everything done right and at once.

I sometimes see Tacos lifted in my area with stock wheels and tires and I just give them dirty looks while I see them staring at my setup. :lol:

· Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,108 Posts
there's some pics of the TRD OR with 3" lift and stock tires on the photo page of www.toyteclifts.com

I think it looks fine... granted it looks better with bigger tires, but not enough to get rid of perfectly good tires... I'll replace them in Marhc and run the 3" Toytec lift until then...

· Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,222 Posts
Jacobi said:
Right now, I'm waiting on the URD Intake, it was supposed to be ready this week, but they pushed it back to next week. Oh well, it'll be here soon enough!
i wouldn't hold my breathe. they are just feeding everyone bullshit when they say it will be released. i emailed them about 2-2.5 months ago asking about the intake as i had read on here that it was supposed to be released then. they responded and said it would be out in 2 weeks. needless to say, it wasn't, and still isn't.

· Registered
845 Posts
docindahouze said:
Hansmoleman has a donahoe/dakar setup but it is a 3in lift, if you search for his thread then will see pics of the lift with the stock rims and tires still on it.

edit:

here is a pic of hans lifted truck w/ stock wheels and tires.

:)

here is another pic after one month of settling.

· Registered
845 Posts
NorCalTacoma said:

I sometimes see Tacos lifted in my area with stock wheels and tires and I just give them dirty looks while I see them staring at my setup. :lol:
:disappoin

· Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
4,174 Posts
NorCalTacoma said:

mean Blake.:disappoin

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TucsonTRD said:
i wouldn't hold my breathe. they are just feeding everyone bullshit when they say it will be released. i emailed them about 2-2.5 months ago asking about the intake as i had read on here that it was supposed to be released then. they responded and said it would be out in 2 weeks. needless to say, it wasn't, and still isn't.
The guy I talked to said the units were already complete, they were just waiting on the shipment of hardware to come in early next week. He said call back on Wednesday and they should be good, I'm having a hard time waiting, it's making me want to go with another brand.

· Registered
126 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
Maybe they are trying to figure out why someone would actually pay extra for someone to spraypaint black over the white letters on the tires?
LOL!

I have to agree that California Concepts is a little expensive, but they have excellent customer service and know what they're doing. That's where Im going for my lift for sure. :clap:

· Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,108 Posts
Dang, after looking at these I think I may just keep the stock tires until they wear out... which with my new job I'll be driving more so probably another year and a half or so...

· Taking Donations.
2006 tacoma DC 4x4
796 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
Dang, after looking at these I think I may just keep the stock tires until they wear out... which with my new job I'll be driving more so probably another year and a half or so...
I've been rolling on stock tires after installing the 3" lift about 3 weeks ago and Im also going to wait untill they wear out because the caster on the alignment couldnt be set perfect so im sure ill be buying my 33"'s soon enough

· Taking Donations.
2006 tacoma DC 4x4
796 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
Maybe they are trying to figure out why someone would actually pay extra for someone to spraypaint black over the white letters on the tires?
You can actually buy his tires w/ the back letters it costs the same.

· Toyotanation
7,099 Posts
njmueller363 said:
I've been rolling on stock tires after installing the 3" lift about 3 weeks ago and Im also going to wait untill they wear out because the caster on the alignment couldnt be set perfect so im sure ill be buying my 33"'s soon enough
You will need to replace your UCA's to correct your caster. Camburg UCA's will give you an additional 2 degrees, and TC's will give you about 3 degrees. At least that is what the guy at Wheelers told me? Since mine was off by about 1 degree I went with the Camburg.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.