Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tooling around with a few ideas on what to do with my tax return when I get it back. I should be getting around $3k+ back this year. I'm debating on buying my friend's '95 Eclipse 5spd for a thrashing car, a '97 W/T 1500 pickup 5spd for a work truck, or 18" chrome for my Camry and taking the rest to buy a washer, dryer, etc.

I need pictures of gen 4 or gen 4.5 Camrys with 18" or even 17" wheels if that what you have with no drop. I am not changing my suspension at this time (hence the want for 18") because I have 2 kids and do not want a lowered ride... no matter how good they ride, they don't compare to stock comfort.

BTW, I did search numerous times and couldn't find any topics that suited my needs. I did find a few 18" wheel owner pics but all were dropped somewhat or they were gen 5s.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Here are my tires, i've got 18x7.5 rims with 225-40-18 tires, I didn't drop the car either.

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses so far guys :thumbup: Keep them coming!

paradizecityz: is yours dropped at all? If not are you running a 45 series? I think that's what I'd go with to keep myself from having to worry about potholes so much.

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
Big Body LX said:
Thanks for the responses so far guys :thumbup: Keep them coming!

paradizecityz: is yours dropped at all? If not are you running a 45 series? I think that's what I'd go with to keep myself from having to worry about potholes so much.

nope mine is not drop at all becuz of how the roads are here, if it was good roads here, i would drop my car long time ago
i am runnin 225/40/18 tires

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
343 Posts
This is a pic before I got my vogtland springs. I'm running 235/40/18's.

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you put 45s on them you shouldn't have any problem with rubbing should you? It looks like there is plenty of room left... plus some people are dropped on 18s.

I was hoping 18s would fill the wheel wells up more than they seem to :(.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
The bigger the rim is, the smaller the sidewall will be in order to keep the wheel/tire combo as close to the original total diameter as possible. Therefore your 18's will take up just as much space as your 15 or 16's, the only diff will be a lot more rim and a lot less tire.

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unless you go with a slightly larger tire size than recommended (which is what I'll most likely do). I don't mind the speedo being off a little (It's off by 1mph now) to help against bent or cracked rims.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
also remember when you go to large rim sizes 17" or larger your acceleration speed will be hurt. cornering may be better though from what i hear.

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I may have found the style I want. I was looking on cardomain and saw a black Camry with some Racing Hart C2s on it. That's the style I want for sure :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts