·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
Who the fuck cares how dirty the car is?? Yall are retarded. Youre looking at the first and probably only swap of this kind. He swapped from a 3rd gen 5SFE to the 1MZ from a 4th gen and got a TRD S/C on there. You guys should recognize when youre in the presence of some serious shit.

PS- Ive taken a ride in this car and with 4 people in riding inside, it felt just as fast or faster as any lightly modded EVO Ive riden in.
well said allen, the interior has nothing to do with the engine. that was some very serious work, time and effort that went into completely transforming the car.

i have always wondered what your car looked like I4 and i got nothing but :respect: for all your hard work. very clean swap very well executed.

Keri

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
WELCOME TO THE 1mz club:) Now I wish I could be a part of your small S/C club. Ahh.......dreams that will never come true......:disappoin

·
40x40 pixels is crap !
357 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
Who the fuck cares how dirty the car is?? Yall are retarded. Youre looking at the first and probably only swap of this kind. He swapped from a 3rd gen 5SFE to the 1MZ from a 4th gen and got a TRD S/C on there. You guys should recognize when youre in the presence of some serious shit.

PS- Ive taken a ride in this car and with 4 people in riding inside, it felt just as fast or faster as any lightly modded EVO Ive riden in.
but dude your forgetting clean interior is a serious weight reduction !:D

-P.S. MADDD PROPS !!! for the install bro, im sure some of us will be needing your advice on this in the future MUAHAHAHA !:lol:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the positive and negative feed back. Anyone who has met me knows I am more of a sleeper than a flashy cometic person. I care more about performance than having a super clean car.

MadDawg: I swapped out my engine cause I had over 217,000 miles on it. It was getting old, and I was running it hard. The cat got clogged and I decided to get a new engine and do something that I didn't think was done before rather than change the cat. I believe I would have hit 300k miles if I had kept it.

hypeman: thanks, my friends made fun of me for that too. They said it was ribbed for my pleasure.

Sharky3: The garbage was from right before the swap. Regardless if there is trash in there or not, it should not matter since i am only talking about the engine. Sorry if I sound like an ass, but I think you should think before you speak.

Agent Sharp : You are right, the trash is from the swap. There were papers with notes, and trash from food I ate while I was collecting the last pieces of information.

UfoZ8myCow : Thanks for the props. If I ever get a chance to get to LA on a weekend, I gotta see your car. I like seeing the pix, but I rather see it in person.

Phi: Thanks for the props

lepracon9: You are right, I swapped everything. I have more theories about the gen 3 and gen 4 and I will unveil them when I have more parts installed.

ripley's99: Thanks for the props. I knew there were many people wondering about me car. I don't really want to draw a lot of attention. I finally did it cause I felt there might be people wanting to call BS on me.

Gridlyne: Thanks. Don't worry, one day you will enjoy having a supercharger. If not, you can look at it as less maitenance.

Velox_camry: Thanks, A lot of the info was posted in threads with me and Zoni. If there are details, PM me anytime. I will try to reply quickly.

CrawlingEye: Thanks. My future plans have already been ordered, and I will be installing them. Hopefully I will have all the parts I want installed before November. Only two major parts left. I will let you know.

·
Super Lurker
260 Posts
All I have to say is...

Will is one of the coolest guys I know in the Camry community, and his car is amazing, as anyone who has seen it in real life can attest. I give him an incredible amount of respect for being a pioneer in the community and continuing to bring new levels of innovation to the Camry platform. Thats it.

-Scott

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Mad props to you man:thumbup: Looks like a lot of time, money, and effort went inot that swap

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xtychx: Thanks Scott, I have the same respect for you. I figured out the FTC. They sent me the wrong one. So I am getting another one.

Rapeacivic : Thank you. It wasn't a lot of money since I did just about all the labor with my friends. I am sure it would ahve been double if I paid someone to do it.

CamNub : We may have a lot of high performance camrys, but we have to find a way to meet the emissions.

rufus129 : Thanks, not sure when I am coming back to LA. I want to go to the big meet, but I have to work on weekends now. I am also adjusting a lot of tings on my car constantly. I haven't gone a week without someone not being in tune. The last month has been hard. If I do get to go, it would probably be some Tuesday.

W

·
0 Posts
Nice Will. Definitely a kickass project. I know you said you didnt want to draw much attention, but man, this is the kind of stuff people like us drool over, you should know that. :p:

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
finally some pics of your shit bro!

its crazy that you just took off the whole front end of the gen 4 and threw it up there... i had to piece all of my stuff togehter! grrr... you did it the easy way :(

nice setup with the s/c, its cool that you didnt have to modify the egr or anything to get it to work cause it came from a gen 4 so the egr was in the right spot already... :)

i cant believe you had the whole car there to just take stuff from. it must have been soooooo easy...

at least you had to do the wiring on the ecu like i had to! that is the hard part right? :)

heres a pic of the scribble sheet that i was doing the ecu wiring with... its amazing that when i was doing it, i knew what all these scribbles meant... i have since changed it into a completely legible document in MS word, so that future swappers can benefit from my struggle.

http://www.zonicamry.com/images/v6swap/wiringsheet.jpg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts