Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks, I own the truck in my signature and I cannot figure out what this button is. I have this button, on the interior of my truck, right next to the dash light dimmer knob, and about 5" from the left driver's side vent. It is currently missing the cover, so I haven't the slightest clue what it does. When pressed, nothing happens, except the back light will light up for a second, then after about 30 seconds it will go out until pressed again. It does nothing inside when pressed, and no lights come on outside or anything when pressed. If you could tell me what that is, that would be great.

BTW, it is exactly the same size, and kind of button that my hazards light button is, but my hazard button is on the right of the steering wheel up near the speedometer.

·
Stop buying garbage
301 Posts
ya

not sure but it could be the clutch start cancel. push the button in and you do not have to depress teh clutch pedal to start the vehicle.
Pete

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
peterng said:
not sure but it could be the clutch start cancel. push the button in and you do not have to depress teh clutch pedal to start the vehicle.
Pete
I agreee..... and the way to check it is.. Put the truck in neutral.. Pull the e-brake.. with the truck off press that button and try and turn the key over.. without pressing your clutch.. if the truck starts.. this is your clutch start cancel button..
-Dave

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright alright alright, I just tried it today. It is the clutch start cancel switch. Thanks for the help, I didn't realize these trucks had one, so I would have never thought to try that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, and when your trucks gets to that 300,000 plus mile mark you will experience difficulty starting and that clutch cancel switch comes in handy. It seams the little switch on the clutch pedal gets harder to activate with age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts