Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK after removing the 2 pinstrips off my gen3. there seems to be like tanlines of the old pinstripe. its weird though the whole driver side is good no lines no nothing but on the right side of my car on the rear door thats where it stands out. you can almost clearly see the tanline. but for the rest of the right side its not that noticable. Now my question is can i remove that line. maybe buff or rubbing compound or something to kind of match it up. are there some things i shouldn't do ?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its the peel. its just pissed me off cause it was a royol blue and gold on a beige car.

·
nice guy
191 Posts
go get your car buffed....i am not sure if it will work..but for $50 your car will look sexy as hell even if it doesn't. (besides the tanline)

·
damnjapanfan
32 Posts
Has your car been repainted before?Check for overspray. Sometimes when they do a paintjob on a car thats been in an accident they add the pinstripes. A few applications of rubbing compound works best,combined with getting it heavily detailed. A wax and polish does wonders.

·
searchin'
389 Posts
i used rubbing compund on my jetta when i removed the pinstripes as well. make sure you use a soft lint-free towel that won't create scratches on the surface of your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts