Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed about 5 inches of this red/white pin stripe vynl thing on the front left fender of my 96 camry le.... and underneath the vynl was the original paint, and this car has never been taken care of on the paint exterior till about 6 months ago when i took a turtle wax polishing compound to it by hand.

what do i need to make the paint under it and the rest of the paint match even up with each other?

·
Registered
228 Posts
take it to a detail shop and have it polished and buffed. It'll run you anywhere from 50 up but it's worth it

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm... i'm trying to get into that business, how am i going to get better at it when someone else does all the work?

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
1: Get a buff ball and a Dewalt AC drill.
2: Plug in drill to wall
3: Equip drill with buff ball
4: Turn it on
5: Buff. Repeat until you are satisfied
6: Market your new found skill
7: Ruin some guy's Vette and get your ass ebat

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Never mind the bad paint touch up (my dad doesnt know how to do anything :(....)

The pic may not show it, but theres adhesive and what not, it looks gay up close.... isnt there some stuff called "goo gone" or something that will take that off?

when i go buy some in a little while, i'm also gonna pick up a megiuiars claying kit from the store, give that a try.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
yeah you should use goo gone

cake it on there and wait a minute or two then scrub like mad then repeat

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
Try using some good ol' cheap mineral spirits on the glue (Obviously DO NOT use any paint thinner, or laquer thinner!!!), clay bar the car and wax it......
MCTOY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts