Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have an avh-p6800dvd on the way and i was wondering if any of you guys know how to bypass the e-brake crap so i can run the dvd while driving. i did a search but couldnt come up with anything with the pioneer. anyone? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks, i will check it out. i was reading and found out that the pioneers had a
gyroscope sensor so I was wanting to see if anyone has had any luck bypassing it.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
As William pointed out, the Pioneers have a gyroscopic sensor in addition to the parking brake wire. So just grounding the parking brake wire is insufficient. You have to "fool" the gyroscopic sensor as well. A number of the units have various workarounds, depending on the model and when it was made.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma
214 Posts
A little off topic, but I'm going to be installing my Z1 this weekend and I have a question regarding the ground wire from the head unit. Does this wire need to be grounded directly to the chassis or can I simply connect it to the ground wire on my wiring harness and use the ground from the factory radio? If the answer is the former, what would be the best grounding location?

The install itself doesnt seem as difficult as it may sometimes seem while reading the forums, and I think it will go pretty smoothly. I've got the ipod and bluetooth adapters to hook up as well. My unit was made after jun 06 tho, so we'll see how things go in terms of getting dvd playback while driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts