Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an avh-p7500 and tried wiring it up before i put everything in its final mounting point and the red security light behind the face blinks (even with the face on) but the stereo doesnt turn on. i didnt wire up the brain for the stereo but did wire up everything on the harness, but the stereo wont fire up. there ARE 2 black wires coming out of the stereo and was wondering if both of them need to be grounded and/or if it must be connected to the brain for the stereo to turn on. thanks

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the installation manual but all it shows is how to wire the brain to the head unit, which is pretty obvious anyway since the connectors only go into one slot anyway. it doesnt show how the wires from the headunit plug into the harness on the car. i know to match up the colors from the headunit to the colors on the harness but like i said there are 2 black wires and a sorta sea-green colored one.

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
Is there a sticker on the deck that tells you what wire is what?

Black is usually ground.

The other black wire or the sea green wire might be for the e-brake switch. I'm not 100% sure, so you'll have to check it out.

Anyways the wire for the e-brake switch needs to be grounded otherwise the deck won't turn on.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so basically BOTH black are ground and the sea green needs to be wired to the switch on the ebrake for the screen to even open up? how can i by-pass that feature? i got this stereo off some guy and when i looked at the harness the sea-green was spliced into that second ground wire, is that how it might have been by-passed?

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
battlekat49 said:
so basically BOTH black are ground and the sea green needs to be wired to the switch on the ebrake for the screen to even open up?
I looked at the installation manual and I only see one black wire (ground) for the deck.

Light green wire is for the e-brake switch.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/manual/0,,2076_4277,00.html

i got this stereo off some guy and when i looked at the harness the sea-green was spliced into that second ground wire, is that how it might have been by-passed?
Yes.

The light green wire normally ties to the e-brake switch. So when the e-brake is on the switch grounds out.

Its a safety thing, so that the screen doesn't turn on when your driving (e-brake disengaged). But you can connect the light green wire to ground, so that the screen turns on whenever you want.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i didnt wire up the brain for the stereo but did wire up everything on the harness, but the stereo wont fire up.
On the AVH-P7500DVD the brain does need to be connected and powered for the main unit to turn on. This unit has multiple grounds (two for the head unit and two on the brain) and all four need good grounds.

so basically BOTH black are ground and the sea green needs to be wired to the switch on the ebrake for the screen to even open up?
The green e-brake wire does not need to be grounded for the screen to open up, it only disables the video and animations if you don't ground it.

It's a great unit, you'll love it. :D

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: pioneer avh-p7500

woshiagni said:
On the AVH-P7500DVD the brain does need to be connected and powered for the main unit to turn on. This unit has multiple grounds (two for the head unit and two on the brain) and all four need good grounds.

It's a great unit, you'll love it. :D
i talked to the guy that sold me the dvd player and told me the same thing regarding the the brain being connected for the dvd player to work. he also told me about the green wire being grounded for the visual on the dvd to work as im driving.

thanks for all your help guys. all thats left is for me to take out my passenger seat and mounting the brain and the rest will be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one more thing, a bit off-topic. how do make the stuff in my sig a link, its the address to my sounddomain site but you cant click on it...

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the dvd player lives!! but i was sittin in the car admiring it for a few minutes and then the car wouldnt start. it drained the battery twice, is that supposed to happen? im still running the stock crap battery, too. click my sig to see the power wiring and everything else.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,478 Posts
Well yeah, with the 1000/1 and JL sub(s) on also without the car's running.

You buy all these nice equipment while depending on the stock electrical system, which was meant to power only the car's original equipment. Think about it.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know that blaring the sub with the engine off will drain the battery but i didnt have the system up at all. i understand that with the screen there is more power required for it to work but wasnt sure if it was drawing so much power that it would significantly drain the battery. would it draw as much power if the screen was closed? now that optima yellow top has become more important in my quest to upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts