Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
the z1 is a dvd player too. if you install a pineer though. you can not watch a dvd on the screen while the parking brake is off without moding the harness. it will only play through thr output to other monitors in the car. I also want to put this one in my gen 5 i havnt seen one in the car yet but ive heard it fits great from other people.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think avic-z1 is the best one compared to other brand and it's a little pricy. i might considering the eclipse avn6600 or 5435 and they have pretty much same features. Anyway, i gonna do more research b4 making a decision.

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
nice pioneer... what's the avg price on that? for some reason my OEM HU cd and tape player aren't working.. (button won't switch to CD and my eject button wont work)

·
Registered
830 Posts
i have the pioneer DVD player i was talkin about. here's the link to my cardomain account so you can see what it looks like. the bypass is rather easy to do, plus some places, the installers will do it on the side. when i got it done, the guy at best buy put ina bypass and put the switch in my fuse box, so its nice and hidden.works great. sorry i haven't figured out how to post pix here, so i'll just give you the link so you can see wut it looks like.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2535690

just check out the photo gallery. best part was that i already had one pioneer aftermarket in there, so the same install kit worked for this one.

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As pranksta said, it's not a double did system. It 's only a DvD player and radio . I don't think it has a capability for navigation unless you have to purchasse a navigation receiver. Beside I preferred the double din it's does not stick up block my vision and much better looking. It's flush in with the dash.

·
Registered
2005 Camry SE
454 Posts
Where the hell were you guys when I had one for a sale a few months back.

Its a decent unit, but the ipod interface is HORRIBLE. And, IMHO, the eclipse is more elegant overall.

·
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
Hawkeye-SE said:
Where the hell were you guys when I had one for a sale a few months back.

Its a decent unit, but the ipod interface is HORRIBLE. And, IMHO, the eclipse is more elegant overall.
It wasn't a Z1, was it? It was a single din unit like AceVentura's. If it was a Z1, I must have missed it.

·
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
o, ok. I guess I missed that one. Just curious, did you ever sell it?

Edit: I saw another unit you were trying to sell from an older Toyota I think (Celica or something like that).

·
Registered
2005 Camry SE
454 Posts
thapranksta said:
o, ok. I guess I missed that one. Just curious, did you ever sell it?

Edit: I saw another unit you were trying to sell from an older Toyota I think (Celica or something like that).
Yeah, that was the single din one. An avic-90dvd + avh-p6400 screen. It was from my supra. It's still for sale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts