Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am still in the researching mode for this install, but I have the unit along with the XM unit which is seperate (GEX-P920XM).

I also have the PAC SWI-PS unit which connects the steering wheel controls to the Head unit (AVIC-Z110BT).

The PAC uses the WHITE wire for the Venza install and program #8, cut brown wire loop, and a 560 ohm resister is required in wiring (comes with kit).

I am obtaining pin outs for the OEM USB and IPOD 4 pole plug so I can splice into the OEM wires to the IP-BUS interface with the Pioneer. The Pioneer comes with the USB cable and plug hookup but I am trying to keep the stock setup.

Stock backup camera will not work with the Nav (it still works with the TFT), so may purchase another camera to interface with the Pioneer.
http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=32670

Found link on DIY block the parking brake cutout so addresses can be entered while moving by passenger if required.
http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25867

When I pull the OEM head, will try and locate the pinouts for the OEM mic as it works really well (above the mirror) and hope to be able to keep it instead of using the supplied external mic that comes with the Pioneer.

Appears to not be any room behind the head unit for the XM module so I may have to mount under a seat or in back. Will check the lengths on antenna wiring. The IP-BUSS cable is plenty long to reach from about anywhere in the car.

Will post some pictures as I make progress.

·
Registered
168 Posts
PLEASE post pictures. I'm planning on buying same head unit. Can this be done on a stock non-JBL system?

Can you state your car's spec? i.e. year, JBL or non-JBL, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Non JBL, 2010 V6 FWD. The OEM unit has BT XM and IPOD usb plug capability. Sun roof.

Looked at possible mount points for the XM module (P920XM), under the passenger seat, rear cargo area on right under the cover. Will fit both places but running the wiring front and back will be a pita. The XM and GPS puck antennas are magnetic but you must have like 6" of metal to mount to, with the sunroof, the antenna will have to go in the rear above the hatch on on the dash, no metal roof up front.

I have to go buy a wire fish to try and run wiring from cargo area to rear rocker panel and forward. The IP-BUSS connector on the Pioneer is pretty large and will be a tight fit running forward.

I ordered toyota plugin to power at OEM plugs so I can wire to Pioneer without spliceing the toyota plugs. Also had to order the Venza Faceplate to go around the head unit and bolt the A/C ducts to.
http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=95-8225G

·
Registered
168 Posts
Non JBL, 2010 V6 FWD. The OEM unit has BT XM and IPOD usb plug capability. Sun roof.

Looked at possible mount points for the XM module (P920XM), under the passenger seat, rear cargo area on right under the cover. Will fit both places but running the wiring front and back will be a pita. The XM and GPS puck antennas are magnetic but you must have like 6" of metal to mount to, with the sunroof, the antenna will have to go in the rear above the hatch on on the dash, no metal roof up front.

I have to go buy a wire fish to try and run wiring from cargo area to rear rocker panel and forward. The IP-BUSS connector on the Pioneer is pretty large and will be a tight fit running forward.

I ordered toyota plugin to power at OEM plugs so I can wire to Pioneer without spliceing the toyota plugs. Also had to order the Venza Faceplate to go around the head unit and bolt the A/C ducts to.
http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=95-8225G
DANG. I have an 09 w/o bluetooth or USB. I wonder how this is going to do. Thanks for fast reply. Good luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You will have a much easier install. The Z110BT has the USB Ipod plug included. If you do not have steering wheel controls then you will need the IR module plus a remote wireless to connect to steering wheel.

All of this is being discussed on: http://avic411.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56
Really? COOL! I think I'm going to have to have the retailer install it for me. I'm not very car savy. :facepalm: There goes an extra 500 bucks :thumbsdow

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent 10 hours saturday installing this unit along with the PAC steering wheel control plus external XM unit. Bottom line, lots of work to run down all the connections.

I still need the USB IPOD plug pinouts for the OEM PLUG that went with stock Head Unit. I have the pinouts for the Pioneer, but without the OEMs I can not splice into the Pioneer and thus use the stock OEM receptable in the console. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this?

I also did not hookup the blue antenna power wire (thought it was for retractable antenna) so have to go back in and do that to add some more power to the FM antenna (amp).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5 hour job today! Find and splice into the OEM backup camera for the Pioneer Nav unit. Had to subscribe for 2 days to the TIS to get the wiring/connector info ($18) and well worth it.

I will put the info here as my memory will be gone if and when someone needs this in the future. The connector is F1 and plugs into the center of the rear of the multifunction display (TFT).

Pin #2 = Gray wire -> Reverse sensor wire
Pin #14 = Red -> center of RCA plug or VID +
Pin #15 = White -> shield of RCA plug or VID -

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks, but can you post some pictures if possible? Of the process, the before and after shot. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry didn't get any pics, just too much work to sort it and car was in the sun by the time I finished. (HOT!) I understand now why no installer wants to fool with this job. Unless you know the car and have the wiring diagram, it will be next to impossible to figure it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
5 hour job today! Find and splice into the OEM backup camera for the Pioneer Nav unit. Had to subscribe for 2 days to the TIS to get the wiring/connector info ($18) and well worth it.

I will put the info here as my memory will be gone if and when someone needs this in the future. The connector is F1 and plugs into the center of the rear of the multifunction display (TFT).

Pin #2 = Gray wire -> Reverse sensor wire
Pin #14 = Red -> center of RCA plug or VID +
Pin #15 = White -> shield of RCA plug or VID -
so you actually were able to splice the factory backup into the avic-z110? I am a click away from buying a Z120 along with a meta 70-1761 harness, metra axxess aswc steering wheel control unit and the metra 95-8225G double din kit..

So I would be really interested in hearing exactly how you spliced the factory camera and got it working with you z110..

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Upgrading non Jbl to an aftermarket radio

Have a 11 Venza n looking for a radio wit DVD n Navi any recommendations also has anybody heard of Ottonavi I saw radios for sale on eBay but nvr heard of company...Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
nhcycle
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing